Trevon Hill Video & Observations

RangerGranger

Gnome Sayin'?

It's confirmed. We got a dog.

Observations:
  • Pretty good hand usage. Sometimes amazing.
  • Bend that can give taller tackles trouble. Erik Flowers would have a hard time fr fr, for example.
  • Great Pursuit. I saw shades of Eddie Johnson recklessness. The kid is explosive and violent at the point of attack.
  • This guy can gain 5-10 pounds and can hold down the edge.
  • Closes ferociously on the edge. Can contain scat backs. Has the ability to drop for a slant/curl.
NFL grade: 2nd-6th round.

Hella excited. Garvin, Hill, Patchen, Rousseau. (?Phillips?)

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Where did that grade come from OP? Your own because that’s a **** of a range you got there. Might as well just say 1st-UDFA.

He is small. But Shane ray and a few other small guys have gone 1st round.

Point being, he’s a boom or bust guy that I think will be a boom.

From what I remember reading from VT fans, he was inconsistent, but when he was on was their best defensive player--see FSU game last year.

It's confirmed. We got a dog.

Observations:
  • Pretty good hand usage. Sometimes amazing.
  • Bend that can give taller tackles trouble. Erik Flowers would have a hard time fr fr, for example.
  • Great Pursuit. I saw shades of Eddie Johnson recklessness. The kid is explosive and violent at the point of attack.
  • This guy can gain 5-10 pounds and can hold down the edge.
  • Closes ferociously on the edge. Can contain scat backs. Has the ability to drop for a slant/curl.
NFL grade: 2nd-6th round.

Hella excited. Garvin, Hill, Patchen, Rousseau. (?Phillips?)

Go Canes!

Way to go out on a limb Miss Cleo, 2-6 round huh. Just kidding brother, I think this dude is going to be a beast man. Good job on the analysis.

Advertisement
Garvin/Hill sounds a lot better than

Garvin/Patchan or Garvin/Rousseau

Not that those guys aren’t capable but the drop off from JJ to them in experience and production was enormous

Not that those guys aren’t capable but the drop off from JJ to them in experience and production was enormous
Eh, I’m still excited to see what Rousseau is going to do. I think He has loads of talent and garvin/Rousseau >>>> garvin/ patchan. Patchan is who he is a solid 3rd or 4th de or so but not sure he should be starting, good to see him healthy last year though

Advertisement
Eh, I’m still excited to see what Rousseau is going to do. I think He has loads of talent and garvin/Rousseau >>>> garvin/ patchan. Patchan is who he is a solid 3rd or 4th de or so but not sure he should be starting, good to see him healthy last year though
Of course I’m excited about Rousseau but to have to rely on him so much this season would be asking a lot. Having Hill let’s him develop and contribute when ready rather than out of necessity

Of course I’m excited about Rousseau but to have to rely on him so much this season would be asking a lot. Having Hill let’s him develop and contribute when ready rather than out of necessity
Yeah he should thrive in the 3rd best end role with hill of course starting. I’m expecting a 10 plus sack year for hill given his pass rushing talent

Advertisement

Agree, for the most part, Rousseau is the wild card as he was being hyped during the summer but then got hurt before we could really see what he can do. I for one am very happy to go into the season with a veteran like Hill in the rotation and likely starting opposite Garvin.

That elite bend off the edge is SCARY, haven’t seen a Miami dend have that type of pass rush ability in a long time. Joe Jackson was a good pass rusher but hill provides a different element imo. Hill’s angles in his pass rushing are excellent too. His get off jumps off the screen too. This guy is going to be an impact player man....

Freakish, with good season he may end up being a top 75 pick or so in the draft. The traits are certainly there and he will produce even more in our scheme

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back