Trevon Hill to Miami according to ITU announcement as early as Thursday

1548328574634.gif

Advertisement
This is huge. Even moreso then Hills skill, is the fact that Manny went after a player that was kicked off a team. Our last 3 coaches would of stayed away because he doesnt fit there bull**** student athlete standards. The same way Manny brought back Jeff, he is showing that its about WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES. We have not had a coach that has had that as there primary objective in a LONG time. Give me a coach that is not only affraid of disgruntled players, but embrasses them. I want 85 Trevon Hills on the team. Passionate players that hate losing. This is Jimmy 2.0 fellas. I was Mannys biggest supporter. Been screaming for him to be the head coach months before. But I have to admit, I didnt even see all this coming. This guy impresses me more and more everyday.
Excellent points and I agree with you. It's exciting to finally get a coach that is committed to doing what it takes to win without being hamstrung by some bullchit PC standard in an attempt to placate the media and the critics in general. Manny is making moves like a boss. The guy is a straight up goon. I love it.

m
IDK - I look at this portal as a type of "previously owned" lot. Players are in it to get picked up - we are doing our part and keeping the inventory moving. It's on us if we use our 25 allotted spots for these guys. I think other coaches WILL use this portal more next cycle though. Most of the top teams filled their rosters in December. It may not always happen that way even though it may be the preference. We got lucky with the high caliber of kids in the portal right now; it may not always be that way.

The number of transfers is only going to grow. And the reality is Miami is incredibly attractive as a destination for transfers. This is a market we can dominate if Manny wants to. The lure of bags and college towns resonate with 16-18 year old kids. 20-22 year old transfers are just a different market.

Of course, I'm sure Manny wants to sign a great recruiting class in 2020. But I think we'll always be looking for guys in the portal. Improve the team however you can

Many of these transfers appear to be guys who left their home area and are now going back to play closer to home. There is apparently a great appeal to that.

However, the transfers Miami is getting don't fit that mold. I believe Miami is just really attractive to a lot of these guys. I take this as a very good sign.

Advertisement
Many of these transfers appear to be guys who left their home area and are now going back to play closer to home. There is apparently a great appeal to that.

However, the transfers Miami is getting don't fit that mold. I believe Miami is just really attractive to a lot of these guys. I take this as a very good sign.
Once he gets the depth chart right there aren’t going to be so many guys interested in coming here. It’s all about playing time.

Why do you think it's counterproductive? Hill is a one year guy and should not affect our recruiting efforts. Is it Bogle you are worried about? I wouldn't sweat that kid. Great talent and I want him to be a Cane but if adding Hill gets Bogle all twisted then oh well.

As far as the timing of the announcement, heck yeah we should announce it! No rational reason not to. We added a great player that most teams in the nation would have taken in a heartbeat. A player that could have gone anywhere yet wanted to come here to UM. That speaks volumes in itself about the atmosphere and culture Manny Diaz is creating here. It's great publicity that will pique the curiosity of kids around the country. They see all these studs coming to Miami and they are going to be curious about the program and what is being built here. Winners want to play with other winners. Kids all over the country are going to want to visit to see for themselves what all the buzz is about.

Also doesn’t hurt that we play his former team.

I think Manny is selling Hill on the ability to "Meet at the QB" which will help with his NFL chances. Showing them what our DEs have done in the past, and what he can do down here. GO CANES

m

The number of transfers is only going to grow. And the reality is Miami is incredibly attractive as a destination for transfers. This is a market we can dominate if Manny wants to. The lure of bags and college towns resonate with 16-18 year old kids. 20-22 year old transfers are just a different market.

Of course, I'm sure Manny wants to sign a great recruiting class in 2020. But I think we'll always be looking for guys in the portal. Improve the team however you can
I disagree - it's a new function of college football, so the big programmes haven't adjusted to it yet.

I fear it's just going to be an opportunity for a second pay day for a lot of disaffected kids, highly rated (but benched) kids.

Advertisement
Too high risk and costly for that to happen
Yep exactly

Transfer portal is perfect for us

Will be very minimal bag drops

Also the kids that transfer are trying to make it to the league and get PT. They aren't concerned about small picture **** like high school kids are with that

I said it in another thread but we're the new Los Angeles Lakers

Free agents will come here for the location and market.

Advertisement
m

2-3 portal players a year until all dead weight is off the roster.

Advertisement
Yep exactly

Transfer portal is perfect for us

Will be very minimal bag drops

Also the kids that transfer are trying to make it to the league and get PT. They aren't concerned about small picture **** like high school kids are with that

I said it in another thread but we're the new Los Angeles Lakers

Free agents will come here for the location and market.
Next year at this time I hope we aren’t talking about culture and chemistry. The transfers have to be MIAMI guys and buy into what we are all about.

IDK - I look at this portal as a type of "previously owned" lot. Players are in it to get picked up - we are doing our part and keeping the inventory moving. It's on us if we use our 25 allotted spots for these guys. I think other coaches WILL use this portal more next cycle though. Most of the top teams filled their rosters in December. It may not always happen that way even though it may be the preference. We got lucky with the high caliber of kids in the portal right now; it may not always be that way.
It's good short term and considering our situation. We have to recruit better generally, though. This year can't be the norm.

What are the contact and communication restrictions with transfers definitely can’t be the same as it is with recruits

Advertisement
Back