Trequon Fegans '22 CB - Now in portal

Advertisement
Some people are being impatient. The post spring portal will have guys in it long after it closes. They don’t have to show up until the summer and even later if it’s grad transfers.
I think people are looking at the April 30th deadline and thinking it's some kind of signing day. It's just when a player has to declare. There's gonna be a ton of portal activity in the next month or two methinks.

Advertisement
Anyone else think height at CB might be overrated in the college ranks? I say this, not in regard to this prospect, but in general.
Let me know what you all think.
Negative.
Height...more specifically length...is extremely valuable.

I've had some pretty good 5'7"-5'9" Corners in my day, but when they have to guard WR's who are 6'1"+ there's not much they can do.
They can be covering the WR like a blanket but the catch radius of the much taller WR allows the QB to put the ball where the CB can't reach.

Length also neutralizes speed to some extent. A tall Corner can be beat by 5 feet, but if the ball isn't dropped perfectly into the bucket, he can stick his long a$s arms out and still deflect the ball. (seen it happen with all my long Corners)

Length also allows Corners to excel better in press coverage.

All things equal, you want the CB with length.

H
Could be tampering to a school could be on a kid before us. Anyone from bama UGA and OSU you have to look at quickly. But you right they got to get on that quick unless they are waiting for a specific guy we ourselves are tampering with. Who knows?
Shawn Michaels Wrestling GIF by WWE
Hey yo @Dwinstitles !!!!! Hit the button

Advertisement
Some people are being impatient. The post spring portal will have guys in it long after it closes. They don’t have to show up until the summer and even later if it’s grad transfers.

Exactly.

We have NO IDEA who might jump as a Grad Transfer...

Advertisement
Negative.
Height...more specifically length...is extremely valuable.

I've had some pretty good 5'7"-5'9" Corners in my day, but when they have to guard WR's who are 6'1"+ there's not much they can do.
They can be covering the WR like a blanket but the catch radius of the much taller WR allows the QB to put the ball where the CB can't reach.

Length also neutralizes speed to some extent. A tall Corner can be beat by 5 feet, but if the ball isn't dropped perfectly into the bucket, he can stick his long a$s arms out and still deflect the ball. (seen it happen with all my long Corners)

Length also allows Corners to excel better in press coverage.

All things equal, you want the CB with length.
Please return your avatar to the classic Goldie ASAP. You have to protect your brand sir.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back