Trequon Fegans '22 CB - Now in portal

Mario seems to have the high school recruiting locked down like the Elite recruiter he is…

But him and this staff at times looks to be a step behind in the portal… Fegan to me was an easy kid we should have prioritized when he became available not waiting for him to essentially send another post that he wasn’t locked into any school
Let’s cool on that elite recruiter talk until he starts closing on CBs and DTs

Advertisement
Do OVs for the portal guys count towards your overall OVs for the cycle? Probably a stupid question to clarify, but I can be pretty stupid sometimes.
Yes they do…but I think the number of OVs has been raised…last cycle there was a concern if we had enough OVs for the cycle for recruits and transfers but again that number was raised a few months ago

Advertisement
Let’s cool on that elite recruiter talk until he starts closing on CBs and DTs
I don't know, man. Mario signed the #7 class almost single-handedly (except for Field's help) when half of his assistant coaches were practically working against him and the team was having an historically bad season. I'll crown him as an elite recruiter.

Advertisement
I don't know, man. Mario signed the #7 class almost single-handedly (except for Field's help) when half of his assistant coaches were practically working against him and the team was having an historically bad season. I'll crown him as an elite recruiter.
Except when it comes to recruiting coaches that fit.

Advertisement
We have done well in the portal. It’s not a home run but we got the best center, arguably the best Mike and a solid guard and solid corner. It’s not doomsday cause usc is nutting all over the portal
Best Center and the Best Guard. Cohen is projected to be a 2024 1st round pick

Except when it comes to recruiting coaches that fit.

We can only hope ‘22 turned the light on. It’s all on Mario. His first season set us way behind.

The comparisons to USC aren’t apples to apples. Riley himself is an elite offensive mind so that won’t change anywhere he goes and that attracts kids. Mario is dependent on his coordinators and him focusing on day to day/recruiting.

If his staff last year hadn’t failed miserably and we looked decent on the field I think we would be singing a different tune re: the portal etc.

His class last year was masterful for the hand he dealt himself though.

Advertisement
Not with them adding bear. He knows he needs that up front if not when he gets to the playoffs they going to get slammed by the SEC. And one guy won't cut it vs those type of fronts

This! Plus, he'll need to do something about that defense before they head to the BIG10. Michigan won't even attempt a pass with that defense isn't addressed

Is Mario delegating too much to Rodgers when it comes to the portal? I know he’s hands on when it comes to the HS prospects but honestly..WTF is going on with the portal? How can we be so passive AGAIN? He needs to delegate a full staff to the portal right now, all hands on deck.

We are not being passive "AGAIN", nor have we been passive in any Portal period.

We can only hope ‘22 turned the light on. It’s all on Mario. His first season set us way behind.

The comparisons to USC aren’t apples to apples. Riley himself is an elite offensive mind so that won’t change anywhere he goes and that attracts kids. Mario is dependent on his coordinators and him focusing on day to day/recruiting.

If his staff last year hadn’t failed miserably and we looked decent on the field I think we would be singing a different tune re: the portal etc.

His class last year was masterful for the hand he dealt himself though.
We was behind before he got here!

Advertisement
Back