Trequon Fegans '22 CB - Now in portal

Advertisement
There definitely is a difference between good and the Bama level elite guy who comes in for them and immediately balls out. Fegans looks like a good prospect but not the Bama day 1 guy and that’s ok. He can come here and help us at either CB or safety.
Yea I'm ok with this take a big kid with some closing speed. We not asking him to be an AA

Just me speculating here.. but they've repeatedly said how many guys they want to add from the portal and where they need them.

Then they hit and we're either too picky and expecting more or they're trying to deep-dive evaluate and then offer. By then, guys are already committing and visiting elsewhere and it's too late.

Whatever our portal strategy is needs to change fast. That's just my perception of it. Fegans was always deserving of an offer the second he hit given our need at DB.
I think it’s more of being selective/cautious . Last year we hit the portal fast and hard and got(paid) abunch of kids that didn’t do very much or nothing at all or left(Jackson). Think this year they went out paid for the guys they really wanted Cohen,Lee, maybe Fransico and the rest were low hanging fruit that are locker room, buy in, willing to compete type of guys (which is what we’ve been taking since).

IMG_3397.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I see no reason why USC's spending would slow down anytime soon as they've already gotten an immediate return on investment. Riley inherited a 4-win team and turned it into a 10-win team with a Heisman-winning QB who followed the coach who recruited him out of HS to his new job.

They just landed the 7th-ranked recruiting class with headliners at QB/WR and now they're fortifying their trenches via the portal. Premier QB's and WR's have been and will continue to flock to play in Riley's offense.

Their schedule sets them up very nicely as well to have at least another 10-win season. If Williams stays healthy, there's no reason why they shouldn't earn a playoff berth and continue reviving their once-dormant program.

I see no reason why USC's spending would slow down anytime soon as they've already gotten an immediate return on investment. Riley inherited a 4-win team and turned it into a 10-win team with a Heisman-winning QB who followed the coach who recruited him out of HS to his new job.

They just landed the 7th-ranked recruiting class with headliners at QB/WR and now they're fortifying their trenches via the portal. Premier QB's and WR's have been and will continue to flock to play in Riley's offense.

Their schedule sets them up very nicely as well to have at least another 10-win season. If Williams stays healthy, there's no reason why they shouldn't earn a playoff berth and continue reviving their once-dormant program.
i Have no knowledge on this, but just in general: we cannot be scared to overspend on a player. It’s going to happen at some point. You’re not going to hit 100% on everyone you sign.

Unfortunately college football is becoming what it is. Spend, or get left behind.

Advertisement
Mario seems to have the high school recruiting locked down like the Elite recruiter he is…

But him and this staff at times looks to be a step behind in the portal… Fegan to me was an easy kid we should have prioritized when he became available not waiting for him to essentially send another post that he wasn’t locked into any school

Advertisement
🤦🏾‍♂️
Indecisiveness has ruined a lot of men.
What makes zero sense to me is who the **** decided to zero in on Davis over the other options in the portal. Of all DBs lol.

Other than Mario’s super secret vault of players he’s after that’s locked in a safe at the bottom of the Mariana Trench, guarded by sharks with laser beams, we’ve been prioritizing a 2nd-string DB. Guess we’ll see where we end up.

🤦🏾‍♂️
Indecisiveness has ruined a lot of men.

To be fair, we don't know that. Maybe they liked Davis better at CB (I don't understand the take there either) and thought they had another Safety locked up. But yeah, it sure looks that way on the surface.

Mario seems to have the high school recruiting locked down like the Elite recruiter he is…

But him and this staff at times looks to be a step behind in the portal… Fegan to me was an easy kid we should have prioritized when he became available not waiting for him to essentially send another post that he wasn’t locked into any school
Could be tampering to a school could be on a kid before us. Anyone from bama UGA and OSU you have to look at quickly. But you right they got to get on that quick unless they are waiting for a specific guy we ourselves are tampering with. Who knows?

Advertisement
Back