Trequon Fegans '22 CB - Now in portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Oxford (Ala.) Top247 cornerback Trequon Fegans doesn't officially have a top group of schools, but he claims that the schools that he has visited over the past few weeks are the ones that he likes the most.

Fegans camped at Alabama on June 2 before making his way to Miami the weekend of June 4 for an official visit. The lengthy defender then took unofficial visits to both UCF and Florida last week. Up next is an official visit to South Carolina the weekend of June 25.

"I'm trying to squeeze one more official in, but I don't know yet," Fegans told 247sports over the weekend at the NFA 7-on-7 National Championship in Bradenton, Fla. when asked for the latest. "Right now, I don't really have a top five. Who I'm close with is UCF, Nebraska, Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Miami and Oklahoma."

Fegans, who the industry-generated 247Sports Composite pegs as the nation's No. 10 cornerback prospect, is planning to be in Tuscaloosa for an official visit much later in the process after going through some drills for the Crimson Tide.

"It went well," Fegans said of his time at Alabama. "I just did the workout and then chilled. Viewed the facility and talked with [Nick Saban]. They wanted me to come to campus first and check everything out then come back for an official. So, that will be in the fall."

The Hurricanes impressed Fegans while he was in Coral Gables.

"I like T-Rob and DVD. Those are my guys," Fegans said in reference to UM assistants Travaris Robinson and Demarcus Van Dyke. "I just like the coaches and then you know the city is nice because it's Miami. The coaches was the same on the phone as they was in person. They never changes, so they just kept it real with me the whole time."

Fegans isn't sure at the moment if he will return to Miami before he makes a decision.

"I could get back to it, most definitely. I have to see what my schedule is like because I'm not trying to think about my recruitment during my season, so I want to commit by like my third game," Fegans said.

Fegans is high on the Gamecocks because of assistant Torrian Gray.

"We have just been building that relationship," Fegans said.

The Gators could eventually receive an official visit from Fegans as he enjoyed his time in Gainsville.

"I had never been there before, but it was better than what I expected," Fegans said.

Fegans was also taken back by what the Knights have to offer after walking around Orlando.

"It was nice. On Zoom, it doesn't look the same as in person, so I actually liked that I went," Fegans said.

Fegans is listed at 6-foot-2, 181 pounds. He was named to the MaxPreps All-Alabama first-team defense this past winter and was an Alabama Sports Writers Association 6A All-State first-team selection as a junior.

Advertisement
Oxford (Ala.) Top247 cornerback Trequon Fegans doesn't officially have a top group of schools, but he claims that the schools that he has visited over the past few weeks are the ones that he likes the most.

Fegans camped at Alabama on June 2 before making his way to Miami the weekend of June 4 for an official visit. The lengthy defender then took unofficial visits to both UCF and Florida last week. Up next is an official visit to South Carolina the weekend of June 25.

"I'm trying to squeeze one more official in, but I don't know yet," Fegans told 247sports over the weekend at the NFA 7-on-7 National Championship in Bradenton, Fla. when asked for the latest. "Right now, I don't really have a top five. Who I'm close with is UCF, Nebraska, Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Miami and Oklahoma."

Fegans, who the industry-generated 247Sports Composite pegs as the nation's No. 10 cornerback prospect, is planning to be in Tuscaloosa for an official visit much later in the process after going through some drills for the Crimson Tide.

"It went well," Fegans said of his time at Alabama. "I just did the workout and then chilled. Viewed the facility and talked with [Nick Saban]. They wanted me to come to campus first and check everything out then come back for an official. So, that will be in the fall."

"I like T-Rob and DVD. Those are my guys," Fegans said in reference to UM assistants Travaris Robinson and Demarcus Van Dyke. "I just like the coaches and then you know the city is nice because it's Miami. The coaches was the same on the phone as they was in person. They never changes, so they just kept it real with me the whole time."

Fegans isn't sure at the moment if he will return to Miami before he makes a decision.

"I could get back to it, most definitely. I have to see what my schedule is like because I'm not trying to think about my recruitment during my season, so I want to commit by like my third game," Fegans said.

The Gators could eventually receive an official visit from Fegans as he enjoyed his time in Gainsville.

"I had never been there before, but it was better than what I expected," Fegans said.

Fegans was also taken back by what the Knights have to offer after walking around Orlando.

"It was nice. On Zoom, it doesn't look the same as in person, so I actually liked that I went," Fegans said.

Fegans is listed at 6-foot-2, 181 pounds. He was named to the MaxPreps All-Alabama first-team defense this past winter and was an Alabama Sports Writers Association 6A All-State first-team selection as a junior.

Odd he didn't list Bama out of the 7 schools he said he is close with. Also, no one on that list particularly scares me in recruiting this kid.

Odd he didn't list Bama out of the 7 schools he said he is close with. Also, no one on that list particularly scares me in recruiting this kid.
I'm completely guessing but Bama just might not be on all the kid and he's feeling the love from other schools. He also hasn't OV'ed to Bama and said he would in the fall so long way to go.

UGA is prioritizing the kids from IMG as a group. Fegans is Plan B. Mansell talked about it recently in his Ask Rusty thread. Kirby's strategy is to go hard after them as a group - they are all visiting on the bus tour this week.

Sounds like he is a plan B for Alabama as well. Maybe the transfer helps him get a committable offer from them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bama putting him on ice until the fall when their board shakes out. If they push, I imagine they get him. If not, we have as good a shot as anyone.
Still seems weird... I am just looking at the Bama "offer" list on 247 for CB, top two, Hunter and Domani Jackson are both committed elsewhere and seem solid. Third is Denver Harris out of TX, followed by Will Johnson who is solid to Michigan, next Jeadyn Lucas (from SC), Daylen Everette (IMG), Terrance Brooks (TX), Fegans and Little, next top 4 are committed to Oh. St., LSU, UF, and UT.

They have zero CB commits right now and if Little is to be believed in his interview, he is #1 on their board. Why are they keeping a top 100 kid on ice in their own backyard when they do not have many other options right now?

Yeah he has to be a plan B for Bama and if that helps us like always I'll take it

Advertisement

Kid sounds a bit all over the place, I guess based on this we have a shot but its tough to get a read.

All I got from that interview was that “yeah Bama treating me like a side piece but I’m fine with it cause I think I’ll be one of the mains down the road, fingers crossed” smh hope Bama just gets Little to pop soon so we can snag Fegans.

All I got from that interview was that “yeah Bama treating me like a side piece but I’m fine with it cause I think I’ll be one of the mains down the road, fingers crossed” smh hope Bama just gets Little to pop soon so we can snag Fegans.
Best thing for us pertaining to Fegans is Bama landing Little & Harris asap

Advertisement
Back