Trequan ***ans Decommits

Mackmiller974

All ACC
Screenshot_20211011-132804.jpg

Advertisement
Y'all want to fire the entire athletic department (and I can't really argue against it). Well, this is what happens when you do. Remember, firing coaches in 2021 is more painful than it was in the past due to ESD. You used to be able to fire a coach after Thanksgiving and hire someone in December and salvage a class. All the timing is now moved up. So, firing Manny and everyone else and not hiring a new coach until December/January essentially kills an entire class.

Advertisement
Y'all want to fire the entire athletic department (and I can't really argue against it). Well, this is what happens when you do. Remember, firing coaches in 2021 is more painful than it was in the past due to ESD. You used to be able to fire a coach after Thanksgiving and hire someone in December and salvage a class. All the timing is now moved up. So, firing Manny and everyone else and not hiring a new coach until December/January essentially kills an entire class.
Agree and Miami is just delaying the inevitable

They can leave after signing if Manny is fired too just like Keyshawn Smith did to Washington state after Leach left. Manny and Blake suck time to pull the plug.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would sacrifice the entire class if it means we get the HC and AD moves right

Agree and Miami is just delaying the inevitable

You're probably right, but how does firing Manny today change any of this? You're not hiring anyone until after the season. Kids are still going to decommit. So I really don't see the benefit other than making some public stance, which I'm not sure the folks in charge care much about making.

Advertisement
I would sacrifice the entire class if it means we get the HC and AD moves right

As would I. But, as of today, not only are both of those positions still held by the current employees, who is to say that A) they will be vacant soon and B) they will be filled by an upgrade ???

We're about 0 for going on 25 years.

Advertisement
You're probably right, but how does firing Manny today change any of this? You're not hiring anyone until after the season. Kids are still going to decommit. So I really don't see the benefit other than making some public stance, which I'm not sure the folks in charge care much about making.
See USC. You get a valuable head start in the search for the replacement and you might even salvage some* momentum if your current kids rally around the interim.

It’s what has to be done.

Sticking with Manny is not a plausible option, if we have to sacrifice having a good class in order to do it than so be it. I mean even if manny isn’t fired this year this class was gonna be fairly average anyway, the product on the field dictated that a majority of the targets we were after we were gonna miss on & the few talented kids we had committed verbally before the season started weren’t gonna stick anyway once the wheels fell off on the season.

There is no justifiable reason to keep things status quo & keep everything in tact, they must go, that’s all there is to it.

Doesn’t matter how many high ranked players you give Manny Diaz, he can’t win with them anyway, so fck it, blow the whole **** thing up & start over from scratch.

Find a HC who isn’t a complete wash & knows what he’s doing, use the Portal to supplement the loss of talent, gather up some wins & translate that into recruiting success down the line. But as of now the main focus for this program needs to be finding people who actually give a **** & know wtf to do when it comes to Football.

Recruits will always be there, there will always be serviceable players available in the portal, but we need more than anything in the world is an AD who isn’t a glorified CVS assistant manager & a competent HC who isn’t completely overwhelmed.

Always sucks to lose talented players, but until we fix the problem at its source we’re gonna keep losing them no matter how much job security we give a coach.

Advertisement
Back