Trequan ***ans Decommits

Advertisement
We better start worrying about trob.
He’s an OG who isn’t gonna wait for the admin or the new coach to come so he can hope to stay. He ain’t the type of guy to want get blind sided.
Plenty of schools would give walking papers to their secondary coach and roll out the red carpet for him.
Bama included considering their secondary is cheeks and their best db wanted to sign with trob and not Saban.

We better start worrying about trob.
He’s an OG who isn’t gonna wait for the admin or the new coach to come so he can hope to stay. He ain’t the type of guy to want get blind sided.
Plenty of schools would give walking papers to their secondary coach and roll out the red carpet for him.
Bama included considering their secondary is cheeks and their best db wanted to sign with trob and not Saban.
hes gonna get bought out regardless once Manny is fired. the new guy will bring whoever he wants and will bring in a new defense with that.

im okay with the bad class bc its usually what happens when you end up getting rid of a coach. if its Mario, there will be more hope to salvage the cycle, but that likely won't get finalized till after Oregons season (either prior to bowl if its not a playoff bowl).

I said after the regular season...

publicly the new coaches were hired AFTER the reg season.

boosters aint talking to these kids. the school will be buying out Manny and all his assistants this year. they're gonna be reaching out to other programs. recruiting is shot. this cycle is dead for the most part.

also, remember UF fired Shark****er on October 29. Mullen was hired after the UF reg season after they failed to land a free agent coach in Chip and didn't get the interview with Frost

It's right there, man. You wrote "their own seasons," not "their own regular seasons." You may have meant to say the latter, but that's not what you actually typed out. Either way, there's 4 HCs with a relationship to a Florida school that were hired before ESD. So, yes, it's possible.

But regardless, you're basically proving my point now with your example. Fire Diaz now and start making moves so that we can hire a new HC as soon as possible.

Advertisement
hes gonna get bought out regardless once Manny is fired. the new guy will bring whoever he wants and will bring in a new defense with that.

im okay with the bad class bc its usually what happens when you end up getting rid of a coach. if its Mario, there will be more hope to salvage the cycle, but that likely won't get finalized till after Oregons season (either prior to bowl if its not a playoff bowl).
There is a lot of hope and speculation in your post. Hope that Manny gets fired. Hope that we get a big name. Both of which aren’t gonna happen unless Blake goes. The class is doomed and players are gonna transfer and it’s going to make it harder to get a big name to come here and rebuild under the same AD and the sht show of a team that’s gonna be left if we let this cluster Fck continue.
We keep fckng around and a lot freshman that are talented aren’t gonna stay regardless of what anyone is hearing. Best d-end class in the country and we’re not gonna land any of them. Simpson going to south dade to try to mend fences with Lyons and a dude who didn’t even look the part at paradise cause all the other ends are just bigger and faster.
Cancer is more survivable when treated early. So if the class is gonna suck regardless why not give the players the recruits and a potential big time coach the signal that we aren’t gonna be doing business the same way we’ve been doing it for the past 20 years.

Yup and u will be able to tell if the next HC is on the right track... if his first full class is top 5 then we cooking. If it's not same **** different HC.
4AC5D63C-FEF4-44D9-AA4F-4E0E47AE9848.gif

Advertisement
Call me crazy but I really don't care about recruits right now I just want us to get our front office and coaching staff in order.
This is where I'm at. This is the first and only time in my cane fandom that I've ever rooted for us to lose and completely said fck it with recruiting. Wasn't even like this during golden's last few games and I hate that *******. Still cared about recruiting then. That's what manny and bj have done. ***** got to stop.

Y'all want to fire the entire athletic department (and I can't really argue against it). Well, this is what happens when you do. Remember, firing coaches in 2021 is more painful than it was in the past due to ESD. You used to be able to fire a coach after Thanksgiving and hire someone in December and salvage a class. All the timing is now moved up. So, firing Manny and everyone else and not hiring a new coach until December/January essentially kills an entire class.
But How will we survive without our top 60 recruiting class

YAWN.

This kid was the best player in this class by a mile lol.

lol says something about our "standard" kid from Bama, best recruit in our class by a mile, but doesnt have a committable Bama offer lol

Advertisement
Go full Mel tucker and hit the portal along with whoever sticks in the class.
i was just about to mention this model, take the losses, hammer the portal until you can get things fixed, but it starts with letting diaz go and cherry picking from the staff ... i would keep trob and maybe hickson, everybody else is fair game

Advertisement
I don't think there's a "right" or easy way to do this. It's going to get much worse before it gets better whether you fire him yesterday, or after the season. My question was, "How does firing Manny today change any of this?" The answer is, it does not. We're going to have to pull our pants down and grab our ankles on the trail this cycle no matter what.
Let’s say, hypothetically, Manny was fired last week or will in the next week or so - player recommit but the team starts playing better & winning. Then the rumor mill has names out there like a Mario, Stoops, whomever - which then makes a kid think about wanting to wait till February to see who is the coach.

What are your feelings in regards to that? Most of the kids committed would have a spot at other big programs in their final 5.

Keeping Manny till the season ends gives you what, 1 month to try & save a class with no hope. He’s a lame duck coach even if he survives this season. Now that impacts next year as well.

lol coaches know the job is open. the issue is no one is gonna interview and take a job before their own seasons are done. recruits don't know who will be hired bc you won't be interviewing nd hiring till after ESD nd you won't be filling out your staff till well after that. the recruiting this cycle is gonna be a waste no matter what.
What about the ‘23 class? You will waste that away as well if we wait. Fold the cards now!!

It’s what has to be done.

Sticking with Manny is not a plausible option, if we have to sacrifice having a good class in order to do it than so be it. I mean even if manny isn’t fired this year this class was gonna be fairly average anyway, the product on the field dictated that a majority of the targets we were after we were gonna miss on & the few talented kids we had committed verbally before the season started weren’t gonna stick anyway once the wheels fell off on the season.

There is no justifiable reason to keep things status quo & keep everything in tact, they must go, that’s all there is to it.

Doesn’t matter how many high ranked players you give Manny Diaz, he can’t win with them anyway, so fck it, blow the whole **** thing up & start over from scratch.

Find a HC who isn’t a complete wash & knows what he’s doing, use the Portal to supplement the loss of talent, gather up some wins & translate that into recruiting success down the line. But as of now the main focus for this program needs to be finding people who actually give a **** & know wtf to do when it comes to Football.

Recruits will always be there, there will always be serviceable players available in the portal, but we need more than anything in the world is an AD who isn’t a glorified CVS assistant manager & a competent HC who isn’t completely overwhelmed.

Always sucks to lose talented players, but until we fix the problem at its source we’re gonna keep losing them no matter how much job security we give a coach.
Out of curiosity - recruits will be leaving the fold regardless - but is there a scenario where T-Rob cares more about his reputation in this instance and advises the guys he recruited here to looks elsewhere?

Out of curiosity - recruits will be leaving the fold regardless - but is there a scenario where T-Rob cares more about his reputation in this instance and advises the guys he recruited here to looks elsewhere?
Thought crossed my mind as well…

Advertisement
Back