Trequan ***ans Decommits

his point is that Manny will be gone regardless. the timing doesn't matter at any point now until the last game bc Mario isn't gonna be interviewing till his seaoson is over and he won't be taking the job till after the Oregon bowl if they're in a playoff.
I understand the point but I just feel it's better to let Manny go now.... We have no clue who the next HC will be... We can drop any name we want but it could be anyone...

Advertisement
Nah. Actually this is what happens when your team sucks... These kids committed to trob and DVD because they bought into off-season Manny and his hype. Well our reality is once the season starts he's no longer off-season Manny he immediately becomes Mandy. The pariah off acc football & the boon of the south... That's why kids decommit first and foremost. The staff change actually brings hope where otherwise there is lil to none...

Well it kind of goes hand in hand. Typically, if a coach is on the way out, the team sucks. If we were kicking *** and kids legit loved Manny and it was rumored like LSU was going to hire him, there is also some hesitancy from kids as they want to see what happens and who the new coach might be. Then you also have the team that sucks but a coach can sell them being the missing piece to turn it around (FSU for example). Manny does not have the latter option. Everyone knows he is a dead man walking and the ship is sinking. If I was a kid, with no other tie to the U except for Trob and DVD, and now those two might not be here, why would I tie my ship to theirs?

warning ya'll now...we will lose many more...
even with a new coach and the portal...missing out on classes adds a couple years to the rebuild due to depth and unbalance..
ripping the band-aid off was never going to be painless.
Yup and u will be able to tell if the next HC is on the right track... if his first full class is top 5 then we cooking. If it's not same **** different HC.

Advertisement
Don't worry folks, we've got everything under control...
fresh-prince-will-smith.gif

Where's the clown that said we need to keep Manny to keep the class in tact? The class was going to crumble. No sense in keeping him now. Can't coach, can't recruit, what exactly is he being kept around for? Human meat shield to protect the AD and his minions from being in the direct crosshairs?

Knew he was to elite to come here lol huge loss and let the dominoes begin. This class will be the worst class in a long time. Dead end job for the next HC.....he is going to go through ****.
Some Ppl negged me when I said last season Diaz was provided the ultimate gift, Covid-19. It shut down visits, tours, the college experience. Out of the 22 commits, 18 were from FL, all w/in our original “State of Miami.” 3 were from the next door in GA, and one from TX. I said that only b/c SC was also the benefactor of Covid-19 & I know this b/c one of the parents of a blue chip player committed there is in my circle. Literally they said he was going to Oregon but the pandemic shut all that down & they wanted him close by.

Now look at our class this yr by comparison. Before the Fegans de-commitment, out of the 9 commits, only 2 are from our footprint.

If this season don’t get turned around, this class is going to be chit.

Advertisement
Y'all want to fire the entire athletic department (and I can't really argue against it). Well, this is what happens when you do. Remember, firing coaches in 2021 is more painful than it was in the past due to ESD. You used to be able to fire a coach after Thanksgiving and hire someone in December and salvage a class. All the timing is now moved up. So, firing Manny and everyone else and not hiring a new coach until December/January essentially kills an entire class.
This is why moves have to be made.

Waiting to fire will lead to a worse class.

It’s what has to be done.

Sticking with Manny is not a plausible option, if we have to sacrifice having a good class in order to do it than so be it. I mean even if manny isn’t fired this year this class was gonna be fairly average anyway, the product on the field dictated that a majority of the targets we were after we were gonna miss on & the few talented kids we had committed verbally before the season started weren’t gonna stick anyway once the wheels fell off on the season.

There is no justifiable reason to keep things status quo & keep everything in tact, they must go, that’s all there is to it.

Doesn’t matter how many high ranked players you give Manny Diaz, he can’t win with them anyway, so fck it, blow the whole **** thing up & start over from scratch.

Find a HC who isn’t a complete wash & knows what he’s doing, use the Portal to supplement the loss of talent, gather up some wins & translate that into recruiting success down the line. But as of now the main focus for this program needs to be finding people who actually give a **** & know wtf to do when it comes to Football.

Recruits will always be there, there will always be serviceable players available in the portal, but we need more than anything in the world is an AD who isn’t a glorified CVS assistant manager & a competent HC who isn’t completely overwhelmed.

Always sucks to lose talented players, but until we fix the problem at its source we’re gonna keep losing them no matter how much job security we give a coach.
Jesus Christ! He’s back! Thank u Jesus

Advertisement
when is the school gonna give a respect my decision announcement that we dropped manny
and our coaching search is 1000% open

manny has always been a subpar recruiter
last year he took advantage of a fluke with the covid

our saving grace is the next coach can hopefully win the portal to offset a poor hs class

Why delay the inevitable? The streets already he will be gone. Fire Manny for sure, but also Blake. Serious question...I know we can’t interview coaches now, but what about AD’s? Can we interview AD’s in season? If we can fire both sooner rather than later, then get to work on hiring a competent AD who can then hit the ground running in finding a coach. The class will be what it will be. Let’s plan for the future and also work to instill confidence in our current players. Because aside from deccommitments, we should also be worried about current players wanting to transfer.

Advertisement
lol coaches know the job is open. the issue is no one is gonna interview and take a job before their own seasons are done. recruits don't know who will be hired bc you won't be interviewing nd hiring till after ESD nd you won't be filling out your staff till well after that. the recruiting this cycle is gonna be a waste no matter what.

They may strongly suspect it will be open, but they won't act (or have others act on their behalf) until it's vacant. That's the point.

You're in here acting like interviews are the only way coaches show interest in jobs or teams show interest in coaches. In reality, agents are having conversations on their client's behalf w/ trustees, boosters, and similar individuals way before any interview. That's back-channeling, and it mostly happens once the job is actually vacant.

As far as getting a HC interviewed and hired before early signing day, other schools have managed to do it. Look no further than the recent coaches around Forfeit State. Willie was announced on 12/5/2017. Jimbo Fisher was announced as HC for TAMU on 12/7/2017. And Norvell was announced as Forfeit State's HC on 12/7/2019. ****, even Mullen was hired at UiF in ******* late November 2017!

And even then, there's still about 25% of kids who don't sign on ESD. So this idea that there shouldn't be a sense of urgency to get Diaz out is baffling to me. If it was me, I wouldn't have let him back on the bus Thursday night.

They may strongly suspect it will be open, but they won't act (or have others act on their behalf) until it's vacant. That's the point.

You're in here acting like interviews are the only way coaches show interest in jobs or teams show interest in coaches. In reality, agents are having conversations on their client's behalf w/ trustees, boosters, and similar individuals way before any interview. That's back-channeling, and it mostly happens once the job is actually vacant.

As far as getting a HC interviewed and hired before early signing day, other schools have managed to do it. Look no further than the recent coaches around Forfeit State. Willie was announced on 12/5/2017. Jimbo Fisher was announced as HC for TAMU on 12/7/2017. And Norvell was announced as Forfeit State's HC on 12/7/2019. ****, even Mullen was hired at UiF in ******* late November 2017!

And even then, there's still about 25% of kids who don't sign on ESD. So this idea that there shouldn't be a sense of urgency to get Diaz out is baffling to me. If it was me, I wouldn't have let him back on the bus Thursday night.

I said after the regular season...

publicly the new coaches were hired AFTER the reg season.

boosters aint talking to these kids. the school will be buying out Manny and all his assistants this year. they're gonna be reaching out to other programs. recruiting is shot. this cycle is dead for the most part.

also, remember UF fired Shark****er on October 29. Mullen was hired after the UF reg season after they failed to land a free agent coach in Chip and didn't get the interview with Frost

Advertisement
Back