Treon Harris vs Malik Rosier

Advertisement
I can't comment so much on Treon but after having watched Malik's film, I can't see how it is impressive. Very underwhelming film - shows average arm and surprisingly, average athletic ability given the inferior level of comp.

I can't comment so much on Treon but after having watched Malik's film, I can't see how it is impressive. Very underwhelming film - shows average arm and surprisingly, average athletic ability given the inferior level of comp.

His arm looked good to me , he also was throwing from different arm angles. Which is impressive for a hs kid. Also helps him out since he's not the tallest guy .

Last edited:
Are you guys really thinking Rosier will be anything more than a Ryan Williams, Derrick Crudup or Kirby Freeman? Treon is fine but Roseir I feel is a waste of a scolly.

A solid backup QB is not a waste of a scholly.

Advertisement

Not to mention at the Miami camp he struggled with accuracy.

I watched Treon play on national television on the road against what was supposedly a top 20 high school team in the country. He made plays all game long, showed off elite athleticism, and was a much better passer than I expected after reading about him on this board. I'm not going to throw Rosier under the bus because he's a Cane, but no way we should have passed on offering Treon as a QB for so long.

Last edited:
As a QB? Rosier. Ive been fully consistent that I dont think Treon will ever start as a QB here or at any big school, and I stand by it. And looking at his pictures, and him next to other kids 5'11 is being awfully generous to him. Looks closer to 5'10 to me. Rosier does look every bit of his 6'2.

Rosier has a stronger arm. Bigger frame.

And all this "but Treon balled out". Treon was also on one of the best HS teams in the entire country. From all accounts, Rosier's program is terrible, and many have said he's pretty much the only athlete on that team, and carries it on his back.

The staff here had every opportunity see Treon and evaluate him every which way. They still felt they like Rosier better, and didnt offer Treon til just recently. I think as a pure QB, Rosier looks like the longer term better propsect. As an athlete, Treon is better, but that's a very dangerous game for us to play with Ice Harris' son.

Rosier looks every bit 6'2? Wait till you see him in person. There's maybe an inch difference between him and Treon.

Treon led the BTW team to victory against the best teams in the nation. Rosier carried what on his back? His team had 3 wins while he completed 56% of his passes. He also played against some of the weaker teams in Bama. Look at trayone gray, he didn't have a lot to work with and played against great comp the whole season but his team still got 7 wins. Brandon vicens led the Amhs team to 9 wins last year. The Amhs team didn't have much talent but vicens actually carried the team to those victories. Vicens transfers to heritage, and no surprise the team wins 2 games next year. Rosiers team will probably still get 3 wins next year.

While our staff didn't offer Treon till recently, teams such as auburn and FSU have been on Treon, to play qb, for months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
As a QB? Rosier. Ive been fully consistent that I dont think Treon will ever start as a QB here or at any big school, and I stand by it. And looking at his pictures, and him next to other kids 5'11 is being awfully generous to him. Looks closer to 5'10 to me. Rosier does look every bit of his 6'2.

And all this "but Treon balled out". Treon was also on one of the best HS teams in the entire country. From all accounts, Rosier's program is terrible, and many have said he's pretty much the only athlete on that team, and carries it on his back.

The staff here had every opportunity see Treon and evaluate him every which way. They still felt they like Rosier better, and didnt offer Treon til just recently. I think as a pure QB, Rosier looks like the longer term better propsect. As an athlete, Treon is better, but that's a very dangerous game for us to play with Ice Harris' son.

Rosier looks every bit 6'2? Wait till you see him in person. There's maybe an inch difference between him and Treon.

Treon led the BTW team to victory against the best teams in the nation. Rosier carried what on his back? His team had 3 wins while he completed 56% of his passes. He also played against some of the weaker teams in Bama. Look at trayone gray, he didn't have a lot to work with and played against great comp the whole season but his team still got 7 wins. Brandon vicens led the Amhs team to 9 wins last year. The Amhs team didn't have much talent but vicens actually carried the team to those victories. Vicens transfers to heritage, and no surprise the team wins 2 games next year. Rosiers team will probably still get 3 wins next year.

While our staff didn't offer Treon till recently, teams such as auburn and FSU have been on Treon, to play qb, for months.

Treon was also surrounded by D1 talent everywhere . Kinda hard to look bad when you have far more talent surrounding you every week. The team was stacked this year.

Btw, let's be real, most big schools are offering Treon at qb to just get him signed and delivered. Right when he steps on campus they'll start the clock on when to have " the talk" .The move to slot or S.

That being said, I'd love him as an athlete .

Rosier doesn't look good at all. Treon may not be a franchise QB but I'd take my chances with him over Rosier.

With all due respect to the kid, but Rosier is going to be just another guy on this QB roster.

Advertisement

Treon was also surrounded by D1 talent everywhere . Kinda hard to look bad when you have far more talent surrounding you every week. The team was stacked this year.

Btw, let's be real, most big schools are offering Treon at qb to just get him signed and delivered. Right when he steps on campus they'll start the clock on when to have " the talk" .The move to slot or S.

Most people used that same argument with John Franklin last year. He's still at qb for FSU. Treon will stay at qb at any of the schools he will go to.

All right Treon is surrounded by d1 talent that's fine. I used Gray and Vicens as two other examples. Vicens proved to be worth at least 5-7 wins for Amhs. Any qb that is committed to UM should be able to lead his team to more than 3 wins.

And also look at Wade Freebeck. Surrounded by d1 talent and still struggled this year. It's possible to look bad while you're surrounded by d1 talent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most people used that same argument with John Franklin last year. He's still at qb for FSU. Treon will stay at qb at any of the schools he will go to.

All right Treon is surrounded by d1 talent that's fine. I used Gray and Vicens as two other examples. Vicens proved to be worth at least 5-7 wins for Amhs. Any qb that is committed to UM should be able to lead his team to more than 3 wins.

And also look at Wade Freebeck. Surrounded by d1 talent and still struggled this year. It's possible to look bad while you're surrounded by d1 talent.

I dont think it was really Rosier per say that caused his team to only have 3 wins, i mean they scored an average of 30 points a game. they defense just really sucked, they defense gave up an average of 42 points a game. BTW defense was stack seeing that we got alot of those payers. so you cant say it was him that lost all those game. in a program down here in fl if you defense gave up 42 points a game you will have 0 wins

Advertisement
Sign up Treon. Give him the option to be a backup QB, or a starter somewhere else. We get better by signing guys like Treon.

Actually, I disagree with the idea that because he's surrounded by D1 talent he should look good. In fact, it's nothing like playing with elite level kids to make you look average unless you too are elite. I see nothing wrong with offering him as a QB, giving him every chance to succeed, and then moving him if he doesn't, but I see that as a generally rule for all of our kids, not just Treon.

Sign up Treon. Give him the option to be a backup QB, or a starter somewhere else. We get better by signing guys like Treon.

Or to compete for the starting job like everyone else. Sometimes I think this board has literally learned nothing over the years.

Advertisement
Back