Trent Simpson

Cuban-Cane

Recruit
Was just offered today. Class of 2020. Plays running back but also plays OLB. Probably recruiting him at linebacker/edge rusher. Over the last month he has received offers from UGA, Auburn, Michigan, LSU, Notre Dame and Oklahoma so obviously hes blowing up. 6'2 210 out of Charlotte.

Advertisement
Was just offered today. Class of 2020. Plays running back but also plays OLB. Probably recruiting him at linebacker/edge rusher. Over the last month he has received offers from UGA, Auburn, Michigan, LSU, Notre Dame and Oklahoma so obviously hes blowing up. 6'2 210 out of Charlotte.

I like, but what makes u think we are recruiting him as an edge rusher? he looks like a LB to me.

I like, but what makes u think we are recruiting him as an edge rusher? he looks like a LB to me.
His film shows him mostly rushing the passer but I wrote down linebacker/ edge rusher because although he mostly rushes the passer he still is undersized to play end.

Yea, he’s a backer prospect. Almost every single one of his offers are for backers

Advertisement
I think Jamari Stewart & Washington are the priorities at OLB, if I'm not mistaken?

I think Jamari Stewart & Washington are the priorities at OLB, if I'm not mistaken?
If Washington is being recruited as a OLB instead of striker then we need to re-evaluate what we’re doing there. We’re not putting championship level backers on the field if Washington is considered a backer in our system.

Advertisement
Washington playing at striker is essentially is the same as him playing OLB

Washington playing at striker is essentially is the same as him playing OLB
No it’s not. He’s essentially our nickel back in that situation but his size is what let’s us play with a 3rd “backer”. In reality he’s a defensive back.

Essentially playing with a striker allows us to be simplistic to our base and not play somebody out of position in hurry up situation or a spread offense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back