Trent Harris at LB

Advertisement
Trent Harris may have found his true position against Duke. He looked comfortable at LB and made plays.

He is a good all-around football player who lacks the length and twitch to be a big-time pass rusher. Linebacker fits his physical profile.

Now why didn't Golden and Donofrio see this???? Put players in position to be successful

Trent Harris is already heavier than the typical NFL Sam. Sticking a guy like him at LB is exactly the opposite of what we should be doing, as it means less speed on the field.

In the NFL you can have a 249lb Von Miller or Bruce Irvin at SAM b/c they are one of like 20 people on earth with that type of length and athleticism. Doing it in college just means you have a slow guy in coverage.

Stick him at DE, and teach him the position. If he isn't good enough to play there, then he isn't good enough. I'm tired of watching slow, lumbering LBs at the U.

Trent, God bless his effort and willingness to play wherever, is exactly the kind of kid who would be buried on the depth chart if he played on a real Miami team. He just isn't good enough to play major minutes at any spot, but we are thin all over the front 7, so here we are. As it stands, he wasn't the worst player on the field last week and does tackle well enough. But that experiment needs to end as soon as this season is over. Either he improves during the off-season and makes it as a DE, or he's riding the pines.

Advertisement
Trent, God bless his effort and willingness to play wherever, is exactly the kind of kid who would be buried on the depth chart if he played on a real Miami team. He just isn't good enough to play major minutes at any spot, but we are thin all over the front 7, so here we are. As it stands, he wasn't the worst player on the field last week and does tackle well enough. But that experiment needs to end as soon as this season is over. Either he improves during the off-season and makes it as a DE, or he's riding the pines.

Thoroughly disagree with this. Harris has played very well this season. He's always where he's supposed to be, and not in the I-suck-but-I'm-smart way, either. The kid has tools, is a sure tackler. Has he been utilized to the max? Nah, but hardly any of our kids have.

Trent gets **** around here because he's looked at like a Golden-special, blue-collar type player when he's more than that. This resulted in no small part because the staff praised him for consistency and gave him that God awful nickname, "Toolbox Trent." I agree he lacks twitch, but he's better than he gets credit for.

Advertisement
Back