Trending Up

Advertisement
Through 6 games last year we played Savannah St, USF and Florida Atlantic, plus Florida, GT and UNC. The three legit teams we played in 2014 averaged more than their season averages against us. So try again with comparisons to 2013.

Let's compare schedules:

2013 2014

Duke. Duke. = push
GT. GT. = push
Florida. Nebraska = Nebraska
UNC. Louisville. = Louisville
USF. Arky st. = Arky state
FAU. fAMU. = FAU

So, for 5 out of six games, we've played a tougher schedule. It's affected the offense much more than the D, which is statistically better. -8 in turnovers by comparison is the problem. If you care about stats, that is.

Through 6 games last year we played Savannah St, USF and Florida Atlantic, plus Florida, GT and UNC. The three legit teams we played in 2014 averaged more than their season averages against us. So try again with comparisons to 2013.

Let's compare schedules:

2013 2014

Duke. Duke. = push
GT. GT. = push
Florida. Nebraska = Nebraska
UNC. Louisville. = Louisville
USF. Arky st. = Arky state
FAU. fAMU. = FAU

So, for 5 out of six games, we've played a tougher schedule. It's affected the offense much more than the D, which is statistically better. -8 in turnovers by comparison is the problem. If you care about stats, that is.

What a bum a$$ argument ....WIN or be gone

I dont really care about last year - our D isnt very good THIS year, our O isnt very good THIS year and Special teams has been average a best

The disappointing truth, which no one here seems to want to accept, is that the defense is better. Failures on offense cost us G'tech and Louisville wins.

The defense is bully better. That's not what anyone is looking for. We managed three very good outings against Florida A&M, Arkansas State and Duke. All in a home favorites role. We held all those teams to low rushing numbers and low yards per pass attempt. I'm not going to totally ignore it. Positive sign.

I can't agree the offense cost us the two games you specified. The defense was only moderate at Louisville. Obviously the kick return was a crusher, although it enabled me to cash a first half bet.

At Nebraska and at Georgia Tech you have to slow the run. That's what will decide the game and that's how you will be judged.

Losing those games wouldn't be as much of a stain at other programs but Canes fans have clutched some ridiculous notion for nearly 30 years that option football is primitive and that we own teams that stupidly use that offense. Personnel doesn't matter. We would have defeated 1985 through 1987 Oklahoma with 7th round defensive talent because our scheme was simply superior. Hence the outrage. I don't mind laughing at it but obviously that doesn't sit well here.

Advertisement
Losing those games wouldn't be as much of a stain at other programs but Canes fans have clutched some ridiculous notion for nearly 30 years that option football is primitive and that we own teams that stupidly use that offense. Personnel doesn't matter. We would have defeated 1985 through 1987 Oklahoma with 7th round defensive talent because our scheme was simply superior. Hence the outrage. I don't mind laughing at it but obviously that doesn't sit well here.

Yes, the triple option is such an amazing offensive scheme, that is why so many top tier programs continue to use it or have gone back to it... Oh wait, you said the "simpleton minds" of college football just moved away from the triple option for no apparent reason in another post. The triple option isn't used anymore because it is ineffective. I swear, every other post of yours is longing for the days of leather helmets and triple option football and mocking the way Miami was successful offensively.

Miami's record against your beloved option teams of the '80s, 90s and '00s speaks for itself. And yes, it was Miami's combination of scheme AND talent that was the reason they defeated triple option teams.

Advertisement
Back