Tre Johnson

Advertisement
No. In fact, I'll be surprised if all of the incoming FR aren't in the 2 deep.

LT McDermott -- Herbert
LG Darling -- Dykstra
C Gauthier -- Gaynor
RG Donaldson -- Hillery
RT St. Louis -- Brown

LT McDermott -- Herbert
LG Darling -- Dykstra
C Gauthier -- Gaynor
RG Donaldson -- Hillery
RT St. Louis -- Brown

Isn't Hillary projected to be a OT? And Herbert more of a Guard?

Advertisement

LT McDermott -- Herbert
LG Darling -- Dykstra
C Gauthier -- Gaynor
RG Donaldson -- Hillery
RT St. Louis -- Brown

Dykstra and Hillery won't be in the 2-deep. Those two are going to be red-shirted. They have a lot of potential, but they're projects. And Hillery would be placed at tackle, not guard.

LT McDermott -- Herbert
LG Darling -- Dykstra
C Gauthier -- Gaynor
RG Donaldson -- Hillery
RT St. Louis -- Brown

Got to put big Sonny in this list, probably starting

Big Sonny has been solid but he's now suffered two major season ending injuries and I'm not sure what he'll look like when he returns. Same with Linder. Ideally those guys would be key backups but it might be better to let Herbert, Gaynor, Dykstra, Brown to get those reps.

LT McDermott -- Herbert
LG Darling -- Dykstra
C Gauthier -- Gaynor
RG Donaldson -- Hillery
RT St. Louis -- Brown
Hillery is a RT

Advertisement
I thought I read somewhere on here or another board that he is considering transferring. It's a little weird. Golden and Kehoe took a ton of projects. But Richt/Brown/Searels kept Tre in the class as our only OL, even though they pushed a couple other kids out. He's got to have some talent, no?

What about J Jones and Milo? Any progress with either of those guys to where they can contribute?

LT McDermott -- Herbert
LG Darling -- Dykstra
C Gauthier -- Gaynor
RG Donaldson -- Hillery
RT St. Louis -- Brown
Hillery is a RT

Wherever he ends up playing, I'd personally rather see him and Herbert and Gaynor out there flying around than another year of Linder and Dgoflu.

Nothing against Linder and Dogflu but they had their chances.

Advertisement

LT McDermott -- Herbert
LG Darling -- Dykstra
C Gauthier -- Gaynor
RG Donaldson -- Hillery
RT St. Louis -- Brown
Hillery is a RT

Wherever he ends up playing, I'd personally rather see him and Herbert and Gaynor out there flying around than another year of Linder and Dgoflu.

Nothing against Linder and Dogflu but they had their chances.
Agree with you on Linder, he should never see the field again, unless it's 4th quarter vs Bethune.

However, I disagree with you on McDoormat, I think Brown will be starting ahead of him.

Also, if Herbert is going to be playing as a Freshman it will have to be at Guard, he's simply not ready yet to play Tackle day 1, even as a backup.

Gaynor could possibly play early on at G/C, that kid reminds me Marshal Yanda. I know that's a big comparison to make, but his upside is scary good.

I thought I read somewhere on here or another board that he is considering transferring. It's a little weird. Golden and Kehoe took a ton of projects. But Richt/Brown/Searels kept Tre in the class as our only OL, even though they pushed a couple other kids out. He's got to have some talent, no?

What about J Jones and Milo? Any progress with either of those guys to where they can contribute?

I don't think he was a Golden Kehoe recruit. I believe he joined the class after Ritch took over.

Big Sonny has been solid but he's now suffered two major season ending injuries and I'm not sure what he'll look like when he returns. Same with Linder. Ideally those guys would be key backups but it might be better to let Herbert, Gaynor, Dykstra, Brown to get those reps.

Nothing against Linder and his performance may have suffered because of his shoulder but I really hope we don't have him in the 2 deep at C. That would mean Gauthier took the job and Gaynor can provide depth. Linder was awful last season., AWFUL!

Advertisement

Nothing against Linder and his performance may have suffered because of his shoulder but I really hope we don't have him in the 2 deep at C. That would mean Gauthier took the job and Gaynor can provide depth. Linder was awful last season., AWFUL!

linder was bad, mcdermott was worse

McDermott actually looked better when they moved him to LT, agree he was terrible at G though. I still think Linder was worse.

Disagree, McDermott showed signs of life and improved after notre dame game where as Linder was terrible from the get go last season

Advertisement
Back