Trayone Gray

Somebody posted on Instagram a run by Trayone and he looked really good with his reads. Looks like ice has done a helluva job with him.

Advertisement
Chris Johnson...

175 out of high school
205 when drafted

Theory just disproven... thread will self destruct in 30 minutes to save users from wasting anymore time.

Advertisement
Working with low scholarship numbers he had to play on special teams.

No he didn't. Should've shirted.

You don't redshirt elite athletes who had to fight and struggle to qualify.
You play them ASAP because they are various factors based on historical trends
that he won't be around for 4-5 years.
Now, if folks want to criticize the coaches for not using him more last year, this
year and next year, then that is fair game.
But at this point, it is silly to criticize coaches for not redshirting him.
He will (should) only be redshirted if he has a season-ending injury.

Anyways, silly thread.
Folks are reaching.

Advertisement
There should not be a world where a play can call for Regula to be on the field rather than Trayone.

But when you see trees rather than forests, I suppose that type of skeem makes sense.

Gray = Worst decision not to redshirt in NCAA history - U can't make this up. What 5 carries this season, mostly against AK St. Great job Folden

Players that are studs are not going to stay 5 years if they red-shirt. Lamar Miller Red-shirted and he left after 3 years. Developmental OL stay 5 years, not South Florida RB's.

Gray has not shown the ability, yet, in high school or college to be a Lamar Miller type player at rb. He has never even played the position before. He got 10 carries and was 4th on the depth chart. He definitely should've redshirted.

You guys are fooling yourselves if you think Gray is leaving to the draft next year with Gus Edwards, Joseph yearby, and Mark Walton eating at his carries. In addition to this, if our staff would've brought in dexter williams, Jordan cronkrite or Jordan scarlett (like they should've of) they would've taken a portion of his carries too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gray = Worst decision not to redshirt in NCAA history - U can't make this up. What 5 carries this season, mostly against AK St. Great job Folden

Players that are studs are not going to stay 5 years if they red-shirt. Lamar Miller Red-shirted and he left after 3 years. Developmental OL stay 5 years, not South Florida RB's.

Gray has not shown the ability, yet, in high school or college to be a Lamar Miller type player at rb. He has never even played the position before. He got 10 carries and was 4th on the depth chart. He definitely should've redshirted.

You guys are fooling yourselves if you think Gray is leaving to the draft next year with Gus Edwards, Joseph yearby, and Mark Walton eating at his carries. In addition to this, if our staff would've brought in dexter williams, Jordan cronkrite or Jordan scarlett (like they should've of) they would've taken a portion of his carries too.

Its another case of fans overrating their team's players. Gray is a stud and was a big pickup but I never understood the talk that he should have been a 5 star and such. I think the kid will be a player for us but as you said he hasn't shown anything to mention him in the same sentence as Lamar. ****, like you said if we had gotten Dex and Scarlett to go along with Walton, I have a feeling that he would be moved to WR…..

Its another case of fans overrating their team's players. Gray is a stud and was a big pickup but I never understood the talk that he should have been a 5 star and such. I think the kid will be a player for us but as you said he hasn't shown anything to mention him in the same sentence as Lamar. ****, like you said if we had gotten Dex and Scarlett to go along with Walton, I have a feeling that he would be moved to WR…..

I think we can all agree that Gray may have big play ability in him. He should have redshirted. He didn't. So if they planned on burning his shirt than they should've got him involved more. KO/PR offense was not very good this year, maybe he could've gotten a nod to recieve a punt or two this year. Every time we were set to receive a Punt of KO, I got excited and then disappointed. Did we even have a single KO/PR TD?

Advertisement
**** did we have a kick off or punt return for a td? I don't remember... **** this team is awful

Kind of reminds me of Jason Geathers. Geathers was bigger by the time he left, but Trayone's game and frame reminds me of JG.

Advertisement
I read an article where they said he came in a 226, slimmed down to 214, and is now back at 222. It's about the kind of weight that you put on. It looks like he had to lose the bad weight to add more good weight.

Working with low scholarship numbers he had to play on special teams.

The interesting thing about this perspective, and perhaps you were joking but others still say stuff like this, is that sometimes we hear about low scholarship numbers and other times we hear about how managing "over 100 kids" is difficult and so many kids cause "things to happen all the time."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back