Trayone Gray

why do people swear up and down that this guy is a star

because the one time he played this year he looked slow and stiff

Trayone gray is a **** of an athlete and even when we get out other rbs he can be used in other positions

Gus was a 3* from New York that was committed to Syracuse why in the **** are we steal commits
From a team that we used to demolish

Al needs to only get too tier talent and continue to recruit the **** out of south Florida

Goodness, yes. I remember so well that 13-66 thrashing we administered to Syracuse in 1998. And that was under past and future savior, Butch. As I recall, we had quite a few south Florida talents on the '98 team.

Not only that, we should never recruit a RB from New York, like Steve McGuire...boy, was he a bust. And remember that other RB from NY, Derrick Lassic, whom we bottled up in that Sugar Bowl?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gus Edwards was going to go to FSU until we stole him. The dude is a nice athlete. He is just proving to be a less than ideal running back.

Gray needs more carries to develop. We've seen enough of Gus to know what kind of player he is. He's a big back that runs like the flute player from the Band of the Hour

So you've seen the flute player from the Band of the Hour? Which one, I'm sure there's more than one. Do you have video?

Confirmed! There's more than one. Which one is it, put up or shut up!

piccolo.jpg UMfb112611-044_240x372.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Everybody keeps talkin bout kids who aren't done with high school yet. Who may or may not stay committed or even enroll.

Gray is here Now if Duke leaves he gets serious burn. And then maybe one of v those three "commits" get a lot of freshman burn.

If Duke stays then do you think all the are still coming to wait maybe 2 more years or 3 if someone has to Redshirt.

Be for real don't count the eggs before they hatch

Gray is a helluva athlete but from everything I've read he's VERY VERY raw (that includes things like holding the football properly, so it's not even just "put him on KR and see what happens.")

Let him get his feet wet situationally this year and unleash him in 2015. He'll be a beast, IMO.

I imagine Chocolate is behind in terms of the small things, checks, pass pro, receiving...sucks he got held up. I'm not going to give up on Gus. His first tendency is to avoid tacklers, like in HS. Guys are faster now. I don't want my 235lb. back try to go airborne over arm tackles. I need him to smash through them. I'm rather certain the coaches are trying to instill this in him. Less dancing, more putting down of the head and charging. It'll be up to Gus to change his running style. He's got 2.5 years left.

He runs nothing like a 235lb back. He runs like a 175lb back without the speed. Worse still, he still has not corrected his upright running style.

Advertisement
Nothing more frustrating than a big back that Leaves yards on the field. I distinctly remember a running play against duke that was designed to go up the middle. If he follows his blocks inside, the play nets us 3 yards minimum. Instead, Gus attempts to bounce it outside, gets tripped up and gains maybe 1/2 a yard. His running style needs to be adjusted asap, or he'll fall by the waste side

Advertisement
Back