Trayone Gray

Advertisement
if this kid was anywhere close to qualifying every school in the nation would've offered

He's not getting in

Um is now cautiously optimistic for what it's worth.

Early feedback is encouraging on Gus Edwards, who has bulked up and is running with more power but still showing good speed, teammates say....... UM is cautiously optimistic Carol City's speedy Trayone Gray, a potential gem in this recruiting class, will qualify academically and coaches will give him a look at running back before deciding whether to play him there or at receiver. UM sees some Wildcat possibilities with Gray, who played quarterback at Carol City.... UM is using ballyhooed freshman KC McDermott initially at backup left tackle instead of starting right tackle, with Taylor Gadbois getting the chance with the first team on the right side. But McDermott will play some right tackle this spring, Coley said.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...rileys-view-um-heat-luongo.html#storylink=cpy

There's a reason Gray was allowed to have an official prior to national signing day. Someone on the staff decided he had the chance, however remote, of making the roster for this coming school year. We've been through many, many similar stories. Some make it (e.g. Lamar Miller), some don't (e.g., A Jean-Louis). I wouldn't count him out yet. Gray is special He is a true playmaker. He's worth the flyer. And if he comes, all this discussion of Dallas to DB will extinguish overnight. So let's wait and see on where he is at after the school semester is over.

Advertisement
To be honest I have spoken to a few of the coaches and was told that they would welcome him if he made it but they are moving forward not expecting him at all. When they have gone over the potential depth chart for RBs his name was never mentioned as a possibility over the next few years.

To be honest I have spoken to a few of the coaches and was told that they would welcome him if he made it but they are moving forward not expecting him at all. When they have gone over the potential depth chart for RBs his name was never mentioned as a possibility over the next few years.

Yep. These news whatever's put out feel good stories...... Just like when Derrick griffin was going to make it in lol, Raheem lockley, that ******* Juco linebacker, etc.....

We all know that the chances of Gray making it in the Fall are slim. What I want to know is what the plan is assuming he does not qualify. Prep? Juco?

Advertisement
if this kid was anywhere close to qualifying every school in the nation would've offered

Very good point, could be another kid that Marshall gets into school.

the coaches at marshall just (almost) get it.

if i coached there i would go after big time heavy hitter recruits that had grade problems. eventually you would have an all star team full of idiots, thugs, and freak athletes that would dominate their weak conference.

if i coached there i would go after big time heavy hitter recruits that had grade problems. eventually you would have an all star team full of idiots, thugs, and freak athletes that would dominate their weak conference.

but you have to have a healthy mix of guys with some intelligence or your team will be a bunch of dummies and will not be great regardless of how many freak athletes you have. this is why we have always gone outside of south florida for a few guys.

He's not getting in

Barry Jackson from the Herald said they are optimistic now...

UM is cautiously optimistic Carol City's speedy Trayone Gray, a potential gem in this recruiting class, will qualify academically and coaches will give him a look at running back before deciding whether to play him there or at receiver. UM sees some Wildcat possibilities with Gray, who played quarterback at Carol City...

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
He's not getting in

UM is cautiously optimistic Carol City's speedy Trayone Gray, a potential gem in this recruiting class, will qualify academically and coaches will give him a look at running back before deciding whether to play him there or at receiver. UM sees some Wildcat possibilities with Gray, who played quarterback at Carol City...

That would be huge.

but you have to have a healthy mix of guys with some intelligence or your team will be a bunch of dummies and will not be great regardless of how many freak athletes you have. this is why we have always gone outside of south florida for a few guys.

as long as they are half *** football smart thats good enough for me

some of these kids with academic problems dont have them because they are stupid or cant learn

i would say the main issue is skipping of classes. some of these guys have been treated like gods by faculty and students their whole life because how good of a football player they are.

you have have a core GPA of 1.5 and still know the game of football because you actually enjoy it.

He's not getting in

Don't do this to yourselves. He is not getting in

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back