Trayone Gray

Advertisement
no. because that would mean we could have had them both. Thanks for playing though.

no. because that would mean we could have had them both. Thanks for playing though.

254.gif

Great argument...let's play that game. Hey, if we get Fournette does that make up for Powell, no because we could have had both. Hey, if we get Cook does that make up for Powell, nope...coulda had both.

Maybe we don't NEED both, I mean that's always possible.

Advertisement

Great argument...let's play that game. Hey, if we get Fournette does that make up for Powell, no because we could have had both. Hey, if we get Cook does that make up for Powell, nope...coulda had both.

Yeah. Your argument is much better. Let's go with that. Fournette and Cook are identical situations to Powell, who was a local kid committed to us for almost a year and whom committed elsewhere, by his own word, because we told him not to enroll. Great comparison. Good job, good effort.

Are you f'ing people serious? The kid was committed for months and set to enroll early. He should be on campus by now. Amazing the lengths some of you will go to rationalize this crap.

Yeah...a team that lost 4 games doesn't NEED as many good players as they can get, at whatever position.

Bad analogies. Those guys were never committed. Both Powell and Gray were. We had 2 already, now 1. Whether someone qualifies has nothing to do with whether another person leaves. Gray will or won't qualify on his own. If he does, we could have had both. If he doesn't we don't have ****.

Yeah...a team that lost 4 games doesn't NEED as many good players as they can get, at whatever position.

Excellent point, who cares about numbers....let's take everyone.

Advertisement

Yeah. Your argument is much better. Let's go with that. Fournette and Cook are identical situations to Powell, who was a local kid committed to us for almost a year and whom committed elsewhere, by his own word, because we told him not to enroll. Great comparison. Good job, good effort.

Are you f'ing people serious? The kid was committed for months and set to enroll early. He should be on campus by now. Amazing the lengths some of you will go to rationalize this crap.

Don't bother Tano, this board is going into the toilet with the influx of apologists.

Excellent point, who cares about numbers....let's take everyone.

Dude do you have reading comprehension problems? I'm talking quality, not quantity. Powell is Q-U-A-L-I-T-Y

The difference is QUANTITY is the only thing that still has this class ranked in the top 15

Or what? What's your alternative...your intimating the staff dropped the ball here or got out recruited. They didn't want the kid. Do I agree, no....but that's the reality. I think Golden's been ******* it up lately, but the staff didn't get out recruited, they told the kid not to come.

Advertisement
not be a conspiracy theorist but maybe golden had a silent who was waiting for an ACT score.

Does a kid already committed to us getting into school make up for us losing a 4-star playmaker to a rival one day before he was set to enroll?

No.

Advertisement

you got me. lol. i was just trying to be positive.

all good bro, I get the desire to be positive. Frankly, I think there's enough positivity surrounding the qualification of Gray. We don't need to try to use that to spin that re: the powell situation.

Or what? What's your alternative...your intimating the staff dropped the ball here or got out recruited. They didn't want the kid. Do I agree, no....but that's the reality. I think Golden's been ******* it up lately, but the staff didn't get out recruited, they told the kid not to come.

I guess we don't need the #4 ranked player in Broward. Assuming that's true, it's ******* bush league and unprofessional and frankly a disservice of the kid to lead him on up until the point he's waking up the morning of his enrollment date. You can't have it both ways. Either we didn't want him, in which case we should have cut his *** loose months ago and recruited other backs while saving the kid the indignity of being told to go **** himself on his enrollment date and risking potentially further severing south florida recruiting relationships , OR we did want him, but bungled it and lost him to a state rival who wasn't even recruiting him for 99% of the recruiting process.
Choose one scenario.

you got me. lol. i was just trying to be positive.

all good bro, I get the desire to be positive. Frankly, I think there's enough positivity surrounding the qualification of Gray. We don't need to try to use that to spin that re: the powell situation.

believe me. i am not happy at this time with our program.

Advertisement
Back