Trayone Gray story from TOS.....

409.jpg

Oh, hot! Don't you have a gif of her with a little wiggle?

Advertisement
Glad he got his score. I'm confused though, why is everyone so high on him if he was only a 3 star? Serious question. I watched his tape and the kid can definitely play. I'm just curious why some people are saying he's the best player we signed if recruiting services only pegged him as a 3 star and his offer list isn't particularly impressive. Does it have to do with academics? Lack of exposure?

Stars don't mean everything. I cannot explain why this kid wasn't given a 4th or even a 5th star. But when I watch his film, that is clearly 5-star speed.

Do you have any numbers for this guy? Height, 40?

Glad he got his score. I'm confused though, why is everyone so high on him if he was only a 3 star? Serious question. I watched his tape and the kid can definitely play. I'm just curious why some people are saying he's the best player we signed if recruiting services only pegged him as a 3 star and his offer list isn't particularly impressive. Does it have to do with academics? Lack of exposure?

He was 3 star because of the position he played. if he had played another position would have been a 4 star easily. and Grades was the issue on the offers. Golden stuck with him like he has done so many kids in trouble with grades and this one actually feel through. times are changing.

Kids that don't attend camps and don't get much attention because of grades, usually don't get rated highly, especially if their position is up in the air. He's truly capable of being one of those "guys, Trayon Gray was a 3 star!" subjects of many a CiS post in the future.

That's what I figured. Kids tape is pretty beastly. Can't wait for him to get on campus.

Stars don't mean everything. I cannot explain why this kid wasn't given a 4th or even a 5th star. But when I watch his film, that is clearly 5-star speed.

Do you have any numbers for this guy? Height, 40?
Gray displayed impressive athleticism this spring on the Nike Combine circuit, including an electronically timed 4.66 40-yard dash, 4.69 20-yard shuttle, 32.1-inch vertical, 37-foot power throw and 85.23 SPARQ. He is a 6-foot-2, 197-pound*

Advertisement

He was 3 star because of the position he played. if he had played another position would have been a 4 star easily. and Grades was the issue on the offers. Golden stuck with him like he has done so many kids in trouble with grades and this one actually feel through. times are changing.

Kids that don't attend camps and don't get much attention because of grades, usually don't get rated highly, especially if their position is up in the air. He's truly capable of being one of those "guys, Trayon Gray was a 3 star!" subjects of many a CiS post in the future.

That's what I figured. Kids tape is pretty beastly. Can't wait for him to get on campus.

i am not doubting that we got a diamond in the rough here but can someone please explain to me how coming from the most heavily recruited area he managed to not get another major offer besides us? he looks good on video but what do i know...

i am not doubting that we got a diamond in the rough here but can someone please explain to me how coming from the most heavily recruited area he managed to not get another major offer besides us? he looks good on video but what do i know...

The odds of him qualifying were EXTREMELY poor a year ago and in Jan/Feb.

Advertisement
no, he needs to enrolled or cleared by the add/drop date i believe. definitely doesn't have to be here by summer session 2.

IIRC, a 4 point increase in ACT score is right around the point at which the NCAA becomes suspicious. Does anyone know what is involved in flagging? Can they deny a kid merely because the increase looks suspicious, or do they need some sort of supporting evidence?

Advertisement
Edwards didn't make it until late August. Let's see how it plays out. He got the ACT score he needed, so it's just a question of the NCAA believing he was the one who took the test. That seems easy enough to verify.

Advertisement
Just so he gets in this year. He probably should red shirt just to help adjust and get some grades under his belt.

It's personal for Pete now. He's staked his credibility on the line here. Almost as he doesn't want him in now!

Advertisement
Back