Trayone Gray - Breakdown

For those who care he got ranked a 4 star WR on espn.

I did a breakdown of him from the quick highlight video I saw.

- He doesn't have game breaking speed but does so many things right. He's one of those kids who are just a "football player". Has good hips that with all him to play all over the field, offense or defense. He's surprisingly naturally strong and he hasn't even built his body in yet. What I mean by that is once he gets to college and is put in a good S&C program he will thrive. By his 2nd/3rd year he will be breaking even more tackles or laying the wood on receivers. He has playmaking ability and good vision, he has very good moves and he doesn't over use them. He knows when to and not to cut. Good ball skills. The negatives are he doesn't have the game breaking speed but with his + skills in other areas he doesn't really need it to be elite. He will have to add strength in his upper & lower body when he gets here. Havent seen much of him so I don't know how explosive he is, (Jumping ability) but looks like a good athlete. Listed at 6'1/2 190-195. We got a good player with Gray

Kid is a baller. Here are his highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJHfSyoF7yY

according to ESPN
Gray runs a 4.66 40
4.69 20 yard shuttle
32.1 VJ
85.23 overall Sparq rating

Advertisement
Looks like prototypical SS prospect, big physical and athletic enough that he should not be a liability in coverage.

I was the one who called Gray the manchild. As far as QB goes, he has a nice throw and release but you can tell by looking at his frame that he just isn't a QB. As far as comparing to Edouard, I'm gonna give Edouard the nod because like what Dmoney said he is more consistent then Gray in terms of throws. Both are great players though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back