Travonte Valentine will play his senior season at Champagnat

Advertisement
After talking to a couple people on this situation, it's not as bad as I thought for Miami, but I'm still not optimistic. A lot of things have to happen

Pete -

The kid going there isn't hurting Miami's chances. It's that the kid has to go there to get into any school, if what's being alluded to is in fact the case. That's what's hurting here.

The 'going there' sounds like his best shot to qualify. Which would mean that the 'going there' is Miami's best shot to have him matriculate for 2014 if he picks the Canes. And some other kids went to WVU and UL? Well, did Miami recruit them? Offer them? Anyone else? The school might be sending kids to mid-level program because they're mid-level kids. Not because they can't get in anywhere else. I'm pretty confident if you can get into WVU and Looeeeyvilles, then you have a good shot of getting into LSU or Bammer.

Be better than this.

Advertisement
This tells me that he cares about his grades. Maybe it helps UM because not all kids do this especially when they can go to an easier college but for UM he has to improve so maybe this is to get his grades to UMs standard

The grades issue isn't new, though. If he gets in, he gets in, if he doesn't, then he doesn't. Just happy he's doing what he can.

Advertisement
Honestly I don't care about any of these DTs until signing day. Not just our DTs, but DTs in general are a circus.

At this point I just want results and I'm not buying **** until I see some.

If grades are a concern, why is his switch to a school that helps get kids qualified a problem?

Would you rather he stayed at the school where he wasn't cutting it?

Exactly as usual people are overreacting.

Because this confirms there is an issue with grades.

Champagnat had Isaac McDonald sign with West Virginia last class and Chucky Williams with Louisville. Michael Johnson from this class is currently committed to Louisville.

I'm just saying that this move does not help Miami. I respect what the coaches do over there and they've done a great job building the program from nothing, but again, this is not a move beneficial for Miami's chances.

I don't think any of those other players had a UM offer, with the excpetion of this year Micheal Johnson is rumored to be on the verge of a UM offer which he would commit to most likely within a day or two of receiving the offer.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Pete -

The kid going there isn't hurting Miami's chances. It's that the kid has to go there to get into any school, if what's being alluded to is in fact the case. That's what's hurting here.

The 'going there' sounds like his best shot to qualify. Which would mean that the 'going there' is Miami's best shot to have him matriculate for 2014 if he picks the Canes. And some other kids went to WVU and UL? Well, did Miami recruit them? Offer them? Anyone else? The school might be sending kids to mid-level program because they're mid-level kids. Not because they can't get in anywhere else. I'm pretty confident if you can get into WVU and Looeeeyvilles, then you have a good shot of getting into LSU or Bammer.

Be better than this.

but out of every school they go to the schools that are the worst acedimically? cmon be real they had other offers but they didnt go. pete isnt saying he WONT make it in to miami its just that he is struggling. he has until june next year to get it all together

Advertisement
So you're saying this could be negative in the recruiting aspect because the coaches at Champagnat aren't Cane-frinedly?

Not at all. Their coaches are actually cane-friendly from my knowledge. I'm just saying look at where their players have gone the last couple years. Can't argue the facts.

I'm not familiar with the seniors that signed with those schools but I assume they weren't miami caliber. The fact that they signed with those schools don't really mean that much because West Virginia & Louisville recruit South Florida hard so it's not a great measure of their grade situation. If Valentine commits to us on his birthday, I see the move as a plus because he's working to improve his grades. Miami has done a good job of qualifying players so Im sure they've seen his transcripts & know how to handle the situation. If the grades were impossible for him to get qualified, we would've stopped recruiting him. (Assumption)

Advertisement
Back