Travonte Valentine will play his senior season at Champagnat

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Honestly a terrible sign for Miami.

Champagnat has been known to take kids who are struggling academically in an attempt to turn it around for them but it might be too late.

Last edited:
Advertisement
93.gif

i think its fine if we get Stuckey in and somehow manage to pick up Simmons. our problem is next year and Valentine most likely would not be ready for a huge role anyway. Stuckey , Khairi and Simmons and prep Valentine and we are $$$$. (wishful thinking , I know)

i think its fine if we get Stuckey in and somehow manage to pick up Simmons. our problem is next year and Valentine most likely would not be ready for a huge role anyway. Stuckey , Khairi and Simmons and prep Valentine and we are $$$$. (wishful thinking , I know)

Not THAT wishful at all really, just in a relative sense since we struck out last year. Considering we're on the shortlist for Holley (least likely maybe), Gaillard, Valentine, Clark, Simmons, I ain't got no worries. And, it's still May, so it's not like we're going into the home stretch keeping our fingers crossed on a couple of dudes like last year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Honestly a terrible for Miami.

Champagnat has been known to take kids who are struggling academically in an attempt to turn it around for them but it might be too late.

Peter Ariz, so far from the truth. Champagnat just a private that offers 6 core credits a year. It doesn't have anything to do with kids struggling academically. Better situation for Miami in my opinion.

Not stressing too hard. Land the elite from the tri-counties and a good handful of JUCOS and I'm good. I think Valentine may have a good amount of Keef in him. Talent, ****** grades and maybe some primidona issues, which like Keef he could end up a star or a big bust

IMO it's better that the kid is going to a school to focus on his academics, might mean he has ground to make up but at least he's making the effort.

Advertisement
Try not to waste much angst over Valentine, sounds like lots of things would need to come together - assuming his interest is even genuine - for that to happen. Really hope we can land Clark and then make a run at Holley or the NC kid, and maybe a surprise or two.

So Valentine is moving to Champagnat to improve his ceramics ?

We knew he had bad academics so how is this a bad thing ?

Heard his grades are a issue a couple of weeks ago. Depending on how this plays out, he may not be a option for Miami. It's still early though. He needs to work on his grades.

Advertisement
If grades are a concern, why is his switch to a school that helps get kids qualified a problem?

Would you rather he stayed at the school where he wasn't cutting it?

Advertisement
He still got 1 year to change his grades, I'll start worrying about his grade on NSD when his LOI is signed, sealed, delivered in Golden office...

If grades are a concern, why is his switch to a school that helps get kids qualified a problem?

Would you rather he stayed at the school where he wasn't cutting it?

Exactly as usual people are overreacting.

Because this confirms there is an issue with grades.

Champagnat had Isaac McDonald sign with West Virginia last class and Chucky Williams with Louisville. Michael Johnson from this class is currently committed to Louisville.

I'm just saying that this move does not help Miami. I respect what the coaches do over there and they've done a great job building the program from nothing, but again, this is not a move beneficial for Miami's chances.

Last edited:
So you're saying this could be negative in the recruiting aspect because the coaches at Champagnat aren't Cane-frinedly?

So you're saying this could be negative in the recruiting aspect because the coaches at Champagnat aren't Cane-frinedly?

Not at all. Their coaches are actually cane-friendly from my knowledge. I'm just saying look at where their players have gone the last couple years. Can't argue the facts.

Advertisement
Back