Travis Williams Officially Gone!

You think he takes a DC job at UCF over UM.

stop the madness. If he’d taken LB coach at UCF that’s something that would be a convo
I don’t consider a G5 coordinator gig a promotion over a PC gig at UM. I think the history of UM PCs shows a better career trajectory than UCF assistants. But that’s just my guess so I might be wrong.

Advertisement
The absolute best case scenario any fan base can hope for is that other schools want to hire away your assistants, especially for promotions. It means your HC can find, and more importantly land, quality assistants.

LOL. That’s a fun rap, but Gus didn’t hire away a UM assistant. He hired away his goofy son who worked here about a week. Probably didn’t have his background check yet.

So if Williams was dumb to leave here to be a DC for a G5, Was Lashlee dumb to leave Auburn for UCONN?
No because he clearly wanted to get away from Malzahn, who would run the offense then blame the assistants when things went poorly.

Advertisement
nothing manny can do will ever please people on here.
Untrue. He could win and stop suffering the most embarrassing losses in progrum history. Fans don’t like Manure because of what he does on the field. Some fans worship coaches. Others love the progrum. The ones who love the progrum are critical of Manure.

This failure with Williams has less to do with Manure and more to do with our willingness to bend over and quit and not flex on a G5 poacher.

I don’t consider a G5 coordinator gig a promotion over a PC gig at UM. I think the history of UM PCs shows a better career trajectory than UCF assistants. But that’s just my guess so I might be wrong.

I asked this earlier but what if Manny had panicked and gave Williams the DC title .. what would have been the reaction on here?

Untrue. He could win and stop suffering the most embarrassing losses in progrum history. Fans don’t like Manure because of what he does on the field. Some fans worship coaches. Others love the progrum. The ones who love the progrum are critical of Manure.

This failure with Williams has less to do with Manure and more to do with our willingness to bend over and quit and not flex on a G5 poacher.

lol at manny failing with williams. jesus youre dumb or youre shtick is strong

Advertisement
You're saying that being a position coach at Miami is better than being a Defensive Coordinator, being able to construct your own defense, call the plays, control your own destiny, recruit whoever the **** you want, etc etc etc?
If it’s about long term career path, let’s look at what position coaches at UM have done versus coordinators at UCF. I’m too busy to do the research and don’t really care enough, but I’d love to see it.

Short term, if all you want to be is a G5 DC at $600k per year, then yeah it’s better to go be the DC at UCF. Not sure that’s the better long term career move.

If it’s about long term career path, let’s look at what position coaches at UM have done versus coordinators at UCF. I’m too busy to do the research and don’t really care enough, but I’d love to see it.

Short term, if all you want to be is a G5 DC at $600k per year, then yeah it’s better to go be the DC at UCF. Not sure that’s the better long term career move.

geoff collins, george godsey all did pretty well since UCF. far better than any of our assistants

Advertisement
lol at manny failing with williams. jesus youre dumb or youre shtick is strong
Mongoloid, if you had two brain cells to run together you’d see the part where I clearly said it has less to do with Manure and more to do with UM’s willingness to spread cheeks for a piddly G5 progrum.

Mongoloid, if you had two brain cells to run together you’d see the part where I clearly said it has less to do with Manure and more to do with UM’s willingness to spread cheeks for a piddly G5 progrum.

he wants to be a DC. nothing would keep him here aside from being the DC and thats going to be shoop

Advertisement
I asked this earlier but what if Manny had panicked and gave Williams the DC title .. what would have been the reaction on here?
It probably would have been called a foolish move because the assumption is that manny panicked instead of making a level headed move to better the program...and it would have erased that whole “he bet on himself“ argument. He’ll probably make himself lb coach because only he can do that successfully too
he wouldn’t run manny’s defense the way he wanted anyway so he‘d never give him the gig

Lol exactly..imo it’s a lateral move unless he kills it..DC position at UCF equals a on field position at Miami. That’s just my opinion. But if he kills it it’s a great opportunity for him to move up in the ranks..too most ppl it’s a vertical move off the bat. If he kills, yes. If not he’ll be back coaching LBs imo. But it certainly looks good on his resume

Siiiiiiiiiiiigh; why do ya’ll do this to me so often?

Over 15 yrs:
UCF: 128 - 76* (Seven 10+ win seasons, 8 divisional titles, 6 Conference Titles, 4 bowl wins, 2 NY6 bowl appearances, 1 NY6 bowl victory)

Miami: 121 - 83 (One 10+ win season, 1 divisional title, 0 Conference Titles, 2 bowl wins, 1 NY6 bowl appearance, 0 NY6 bowl victories)

*This includes UCF going 0-12 one season!

This lateral or step down move jibberish is O&G glasses talk. UCF has been a way more successful program than us in the last 15 yrs, which marked our downfall. We would kill to have these results. Plus, we’re talking about a position coach becoming a Co-Ordinator (in my Ludacris voice), and I’m fa sho certain it’s a step up in salary. This is far from a lateral move.

As I said before, I don’t like it, I’m not going to wish him good luck or n-e of that bull chit. He ain’t fam & he didn’t coach here, so fck him & his endeavors; BUT, I totally respect & understand y he did it. He has zero loyalties to us, and he has 100% loyalty to himself, fam, and future ambitions.

Over 15 yrs:
UCF: 128 - 76* (Seven 10+ win seasons, 8 divisional titles, 6 Conference Titles, 4 bowl wins, 2 NY6 bowl appearances, 1 NY6 bowl victory)

Miami: 121 - 83 (One 10+ win season, 1 divisional title, 0 Conference Titles, 2 bowl wins, 1 NY6 bowl appearance, 0 NY6 bowl victories)

This lateral or step down move jibberish is O&G glasses talk. UCF has been a way more successful program than us in the last 15 yrs, which marked our downfall. We would kill to have these results. Plus, we’re talking about a position coach becoming a Co-Ordinator (in my Ludacris voice), and I’m fa sho certain it’s a step up in salary. This is far from a lateral move.

As I said before, I don’t like it, I’m not going to wish him good luck or n-e of that bull chit. He ain’t fam & he didn’t coach here, so fck him & his endeavors; BUT, I totally respect & understand y he did it. He has zero loyalties to us, and he has 100% loyalty to himself, fam, and future ambitions.

people cant comprehend that calling your own defense at a good g5 program no less is a step up from being a position coach. it isnt a lateral move nor is it a worse move. he wants to be a DC and possibly HC not a lifetime position coach. he was never going to be DC here w shoop as an analyst for a season. hes in charge of the entire d from game plan, play calling, and recruiting. he didnt have that anywhere hes been.

Over 15 yrs:

You'd have more luck trying to reason with this here empty coffee cup...
ac62bd4aa6b5791c14f1f99e6e133da8.jpg

Advertisement
Back