Travis Williams Officially Gone!

If they offered more money I get it, but yo u mean to tell me we cant pay him more then bum *** UCF. UCF is trash even though they won a title.
This about it though, it's not unreasonable to think he easily doubled his salary going from a position coach to a DC.

Advertisement
It's not valid if the non-P5 school is looking at the coach as a DC vs the P5 as a position coach. You'd have to have received your MBA from ****** State University to think that it makes business sense to give a position coach you just hired a couple weeks ago a raise to top the salary offer of another school looking at him as a DC.

And the mope mongoloids are in prime form here with that "durrrr.... Miami is getting outbid by a G5" nonsense. Randy Shannon was the highest paid G5 assistant coach in CFB and was the #24 highest paid assistant coach in the country. UCF pays comparable salaries as many P5 schools. They would have no issue paying a P5 level DC salary to a prospective DC. G5s aren't poor broke programs. Dana Holgorsen at Houston is making 4 million per year. Plenty of G5 schools are absolutely loaded with money and put lots of P5s to shame.
I made that exact point about DC vs positions coach/prematurely promoting a guy in the part of my post you cut off.

Still going to disagree that you don't lose a guy to a non P5 over just money if you ever want to be considered a big boy program. Money AND title? Yes. Just money? No.

Miami should have topped Utah State's offer to Banda as a DC and begged to keep him as a position coach because that's what big boy programs do.
#1 were far from being a big boy program right now. #2 why in the **** would you beg part of the cancer in the program to stay period let alone with a pay raise? Is this blake's account and ur doubling down on buying out inferior programs **** decisions to pay our quality control level coaches millions... first we give temple 4 million to let manny come home from his vacation for zero reason,now this? Cmon bruh. What big boy schools do is pay what's necessary for big boy coaches. Not intramural squad dudes.

Advertisement
If they offered more money I get it, but yo u mean to tell me we cant pay him more then bum *** UCF. UCF is trash even though they won a title.
Shannon was getting a mil to be DC. Unsure what they offered T.Will. Are there any other positional coaches (Not DC or OC) that make more than that? I know venables and Sark were all upwards of 2 mil, TRob was over a mill at USCe, I am just trying to think of a position coach making 7 figures. Maybe Ohio State has a few?

According to USA Today only 27 assistant coaches in the entire NCAA make more than a mil.

#1 were far from being a big boy program right now. #2 why in the **** would you beg part of the cancer in the program to stay period let alone with a pay raise? Is this blake's account and ur doubling down on buying out inferior programs **** decisions to pay our quality control level coaches millions... first we give temple 4 million to let manny come home from his vacation for zero reason,now this? Cmon bruh. What big boy schools do is pay what's necessary for big boy coaches. Not intramural squad dudes.
bingo. you pay a guy like Lashlee to stay here (which we did). you don't overpay your LB coach DC money to be here.

Advertisement
Its not entirely about the money, if the dude ever wants to be a DC at a quality P5 program he's going to have to be a DC at a G5 first. If you have to do it at some bum *** G5 it might as well be at UCF instead of Utah, Louisiana or some other **** program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Oof. Oh well. Cant talk **** cuz our HC did the same thing on a higher level

Still *** but it is what it is. TRob is still A1

@TimeB0mb I just read the part about sarcasm thank God. Disregard

In all seriousness the hire that Mandy makes here will be a better barometer of his offseason natty than previously. The three guys he hired (while good) were unemployed. Now he has to actually hire someone away.

If true wow. Guy has no dignity or respect if he cant do atleast 1 year coaching here. Typical millenial
Stop it. Not a single person here wouldn’t do something to advance their career. Whether you think being LB coach here and moving away from Malzahn vs DC at UCF is better or worse is irrelevant. His career to decide what course will be most advantageous. Sucks that we lost what seems to be a good coach but he doesn’t owe us one single thing. And save the generational crap, because there is plenty of criticism reserved for baby boomers.

Advertisement
Back