Travis Williams Officially Gone!

Advertisement
What are you talking about, used to play for Auburn? That's barely relevant against the fact that he was Gus Malzahn's LB/Co-DC as recently as like five weeks ago.

You’re so eager in following me around that you’re making an *** out of yourself.

We are talking about Cubelic and his credibility as a source. That was entirely what my post was based on, everyone is aware of the coaching history of TWILL.

Advertisement
well see. ill wait till the ink is dry for t will, but i wont blame him for taking a DC job. thats a promotion. plenty of time to find a new LB coach if so
A lot of unlevel posting going on in here.

I would assume he’s definitely thinking about it. But he’s gonna be competing against the big 3 and then everyone else for players in this state.
idk what the recruiting budget is at ucf but he’s gonna have to live with getting the scraps regardless of malzahn and his sec coaching history.
Top kids in this state aren’t gonna pass up a p5 offer to go there.
He will still get some talented players but it would be a money and a career decision imo.

However, that can be tricky.
He would be betting on himself and stepping into a very big role regardless of it’s not a p5 school and he will be judged by it going forward.
IMO the smarter choice would be to stay due to the program’s momentum and the aceesss he now has to better talent. He’s still a young coach and it would be better to build something here and win a lot of games than to maybe win some games at ucf and get stomped by p5 teams.
Just cause ucf lit it up with frost and Milton doesn’t mean you can just rinse and repeat at that school and in that conference.

He has one of his best friends here on staff right now and I think he sees the possibility of what can happen here.
However, when these sec coaches come here and find out how these kids are brainwashed about “sec sec sec” they start to figure out how difficult it is to recruit down here when you’re a Miami coach and things don’t seem so ptrees and sunshine anymore.
Then there is the possibility that Malzahn might want to pick his whole staff for him and not give him a lot of power considering this is his first dc job.
To me it seams likely he stays. But he might have some loyalty to malzahn and maybe thinks very highly of him and feels he can make something happen there faster than Manny can here.

I was half asleep when I initially read this and thought it was about T-Rob not T-Will, which would suck as we are dying for better CB recruiting. If T-Will leaves, meh. Not ideal but he's not irreplaceable. There are plenty of good LB coaches but a lot fewer good DB coaches. Looks like Tennessee isn't hiring Steele as DC, so he might he be more receptive. I would consider it a big time upgrade to go from T-Will to Steele, especially if Diaz turns over play calling duties.

You’re so eager in following me around that you’re making an *** out of yourself.

We are talking about Cubelic and his credibility as a source. That was entirely what my post was based on, everyone is aware of the coaching history.

1- No one is following you around. You post on here like it's your career. Missing you and your idiocy would be like trying to count on missing traffic in Miami on a Monday morning. So put your paranoia, thin-skin and narcism on hold for just a sec.

2- Re the post: my bad. Thought you meant T-Will. I was wrong. Hear that? I. Was. Wrong. Let's use this as a teaching moment, Spectrum. See, admitting you are wrong is ok. It won't kill you. You don't need to triple down, lie, twist and spin in order to avoid it like you do all the time here. Try it sometime, people will think you are a tad bit more well-adjusted.

Advertisement
1- No one is following you around. You post on here like it's your career. Missing you and your idiocy would be like trying to count on missing traffic in Miami on a Monday morning. So put your paranoia, thin-skin and narcism on hold for just a sec.

2- Re the post: my bad. Thought you meant T-Will. I was wrong. Hear that? I. Was. Wrong. Let's use this as a teaching moment, Spectrum. See, admitting you are wrong is ok. It won't kill you. You don't need to triple down, lie, twist and spin in order to avoid it. Try it sometime, people will think you are a tad bit more well-adjusted.

I’m sorry, who is doing the spinning here? You just made a complete *** out of yourself and then you write a chapter trying to spin it your way, and in doing so, confirm your obsession with me.

Does Manny have to return his off season title trophy if this come to fruition?

If Diaz goes from T-Will to Steele and turns over playcalling duties, I'd give him a second miniature trophy.

small-goldtone-trophies~39_804-g-a01

Advertisement
I can see his name being brought up but seriously doubt he gets brought in there as DC.

Why? Malzahn thought he was good enough to be his Co-DC/LB at Auburn, a top-half of the SEC program. You don't think Gus would think he'd be good enough to move up a half step to straight DC, at a Group of 5 program?

Do I want Twill to stay? Yes.
Is he replaceable? Yes.

I also agree with what someone else said, it might not be bad for him to get used to different coaches and not tied to Gus. Who knows what Gus has in mind, he may be looking to simply ride out his last few years.

Also, I get it DC>LB coach BUT if he goes to UCF and flops as a DC, he is likely relegated back to positional coach, if he has a good year or 2 at UM, maybe he gets a P5 coordinator gig and if he flops there the UCF's of the world would likely still be around. I completely understand if he decides to take it and bets on himself, likely what I would do as much as I want to argue the alternative

Why? Malzahn thought he was good enough to be his Co-DC/LB at Auburn, a top-half of the SEC program. You don't think Gus would think he'd be good enough to step up a half step to straight DC, at a Group of 5 program?
It's possible but I think he'll pull in someone more established.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back