Travis Scott Fanatics

I'm no fan of Travis Scott. I just watched him on SNL this weekend, and his music is terrible. He sounds like Auto-Tony making a pizza order on a Stern Show phony phone call. The rap game has truly gone backwards from the days when PE and NWA and Ice-T were actually writing important lyrics and spitting them in a compelling and powerful way.

Having said that, I'm fine with streetwear fashion concepts. I'm not a hypebeast, I'm not looking to resell. I liked the simplicity and quality of Fear of God, though I didn't like the colors or price as much. And I'm fine with the Cactus Jack stuff being different; I like having stuff that is not just "the same" as anything you can buy in the UM Bookstore. But I'm not sure that the Cactus Jack stuff was much different from what Dyme Lyfe does for half the price.

The only Cactus Jack item that actually appealed to me was the hat. Everything else was not that impressive, though I'm sure that the younger crowd may feel differently.
Season 4 Reaction GIF by grown-ish

Advertisement
Just a FYI:

Miami’s collab w/ Adidas’ FOG lent us 3 items:
-Hoodie
-Mint Green Shoes
-Jersey

Travis Scott’s collab has already produced more in a shorter period of time. Also, yes the price point is high for the avg. consumer, but not the hype beast. By comparison, if u look up Fear Of God Miami Hoodie, u will see it reselling at $396. Now I believe @TheOriginalCane purchased one at retail, so I would be interested to see how much that was, b/c all of Adidas’ FOG hoodies are at around that same price, retail.

Just wanted to provide perspective, but I agree w/ the overall assessment. I’m not a hype beast so I won’t be purchasing.
$396 for a hoodie?

That thing better come with matching pants,shirt and shoes…..and maybe 2 tickets to a game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If I wear a hoodie, how much cooler will it make me?

Granted I'm pretty gosh darn cool now, so that hoodie better be made out of some sort of cotton/rayon blend or something to elevate my style game.
The key is you have to wear the hoodie in the middle of summer when it’s 100 degrees outside to look ultra cool. I just don’t get it.

This is a perfect example of how sometimes popularity/fan base works in your favor economically because in my opinion DymeLyfe merch is way better!

Advertisement
This will help recruiting, believe that. Kids care about this kind of stuff.

Though it is hard for me to acknowledge that, you are correct. I'm a lifelong fan of the classic UM 1980s-1990s uniforms, but we have to be cognizant of what moves the needle with the younger fanbase. That is, if we want to maintain our fanbase.

Advertisement
This **** is awful. And young people who buy this wonder why they can’t afford adult things.
Getting young people to waste money on overpriced fashion items isn’t something new though. ****, Nike has been selling Air Jordans to broke people for 40 years now.

This **** is awful. And young people who buy this wonder why they can’t afford adult things.
The fact that you think that someone buying a sweatshirt is why they can’t afford the larger things is a bit odd. No, it isn’t corporate greed, it isn’t stagnant wages, it’s because someone bought a sweatshirt.

A hoodie is only as cool as the person rocking it. I’m not really a clothes guy, I’m a sneaker head. I wear a ton of suits, sports coats, trench coats etc for business purposes, but my jeans, T’s, hoodies, sweaters, etc. I’m getting them on the low fa sho. However, b/c my feet stay w/ heat, including dress shoes, it makes a $10 t-shirt from Walmart look like it’s $90.

I refuse to buy overpriced clothes b/c after a couple of washes or dry cleaning it looks dim. Plus we all go through likes & dislikes and those jawns get sent out to the Goodwill etc. Give me shoes & hats & I’ll make anything look good.
That's crazy I'm the same way fam I wear alot of plain black an white shirts. Pants these days u can get for a good price. I'm all about the hats and shoes too fam! Shoes make anything!

Advertisement
Back