Travis Rudolph decommits

Advertisement
He didn't even tell the coaches that he de-committed.

Not good. Oh well on to the next one.

Rudolph has strong ties to the 'Canes program, so they may not be out of it. A few of his family members played at UM and his high school head coach Steve Walsh led "The U" to a national championship.

He stated, "I talked it over with my family and I decided to de-commit publicly. I haven't talked to the coaches, but I don't want to be listed as a committed prospect anymore."

I'm not even that upset about it. But, one observation: you could tell this kid has a certain level of cowardice. He has essentially been decommitted or wanting to decommit for months. The reasons it took him so long is because he was scared of the confrontation involved with the coaching staff and the negative attention that comes with doing it. So, he spent some time building up courage and little excuses to grasp to (OMG look at the label on my name tag! how can I spend 4 years here?!). He finally decommits, literally months after deciding he wanted to in his head, and he doesn't even have the courtesy to tell the coaches that gave him his 1st scholarship offer.

Coward. I hope we don't continue to recruit him. He is good, but not THAT GOOD. I hope he stays adamant on playing WR, because then we are especially not missing out on much. Losing him at CB and him playing CB elsewhere would kinda suck.

Lol. Hurlie asked him not to decommit when Travis wanted to the first time. Staff tried to hold onto him, and wasn't good enough.

^^:ibisroflmao:

People have been calling him a decommit risk since he first committed. Everyone knew he wasnt gonna stay committed. lol at you pinning this decommit on the coaches when this kid was looking for any reason to decommit. If he didnt do it now, he would have slunk away in January and left us hanging.

Last edited:
82.gif

Advertisement
Toilet paper, I believe that when a group of 100+ people come together trying to accomplish something fail in one way or another that the fault blame varies greatly from situation to situation. I believe sometimes the players ***** up, sometimes the coaches fail the players, and sometimes the recruits are cowards or mentally unstable. It is this thing called rational thought and unbiased observation. I would ask you to try it, but I know you're too far gone.

So, you blame the coaches for failing to recruit him well enough as the reason for his decommitment. Then, you turn around and cite how he was hinting at decommitting and Hurlie convinced him not to. Sounds like adept recruiting to me.

I never changed stories, from the get-go of my first post, my reasons for hinting at Rudolph's potential cowardice were two-fold. 1.) How he lingered around as a pseudo-decommit for months and 2.) how he opted not to even personally inform the coaching staff now when he has decomitted. That doesn't sit right with me, and to be honest neither do you.

I doubt we will end up seeing eye to eye because I see how you spend all day on this site, "like"-ing every post that is criticizing anything the staff does and then you pop in to hate on posters whenever they question a recruit or player.

There are plenty of instances where the coaches have screwed and have left more to be desired. I'm not some pick one side of the fence and stay there regardless of rationale type of fan. I also can say that the coaches had a slip up with how they approached Rudolph's recruitment in regards to whether they were really open to the idea of him coming in at WR or if they just wanted him at DB. You will probably talk out of one side of your mouth about how the coaches should have told him what he wanted to hear and told him he could be a WR even though it likely wasn't true. But, I bet if we would have just told him what he wanted to hear, got him, and then placed him at DB, then you would have talked about how these coaches are scumbags, liars, and can't be trusted.

I get it. I also don't want to get into a back and forth with you on here because I'm pretty sure you spend ALL DAY on this site, and I don't have the interest in talking back and forth with toilet paper when it is a beautiful saturday outside.

http://educhoices.org/articles/Get_Published_-_50_Online_Writing_Websites_for_New_Writers.html

Advertisement

Rudolph has strong ties to the 'Canes program, so they may not be out of it. A few of his family members played at UM and his high school head coach Steve Walsh led "The U" to a national championship.

He stated, "I talked it over with my family and I decided to de-commit publicly. I haven't talked to the coaches, but I don't want to be listed as a committed prospect anymore."

I'm not even that upset about it. But, one observation: you could tell this kid has a certain level of cowardice. He has essentially been decommitted or wanting to decommit for months. The reasons it took him so long is because he was scared of the confrontation involved with the coaching staff and the negative attention that comes with doing it. So, he spent some time building up courage and little excuses to grasp to (OMG look at the label on my name tag! how can I spend 4 years here?!). He finally decommits, literally months after deciding he wanted to in his head, and he doesn't even have the courtesy to tell the coaches that gave him his 1st scholarship offer.

Coward. I hope we don't continue to recruit him. He is good, but not THAT GOOD. I hope he stays adamant on playing WR, because then we are especially not missing out on much. Losing him at CB and him playing CB elsewhere would kinda suck.

Revisionist history strikes again. He called the coaches recently to decommit and was talked out of it by the coach and his mother.

Revisionist history strikes again. He called the coaches recently to decommit and was talked out of it by the coach and his mother.

Revisionist history? :ibisroflmao: Everyone that wasnt a recruiting noob called him a soft commit and many thought he was a **** near guaranteed decommit. The only people revising history are the noobs that claim we "lost" this kid because of some position mixup. lol. Better that he decommit now and save us the trouble.

Meh not concerned. But give him credit at least he decommited in march and didn't jerk the coaching staff around like bryant, thomas and a couple of other ***gots over the past couple years

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid is good. No need for sour grapes. He's gotten bigger without losing athleticism and has dominated events, which is a huge part of the eval right or wrong. I'd let him play receiver here, for sure. Let him come in as a receiver, if it doesn't work let him try DB or transfer. We're not dying for guys at either spot at the moment thankfully so we can afford to do that

Advertisement
Back