Travis hunter

Who is the dion yall are referring to?? Im sure dEion Sanders would like to meet him as well.
Miami Heat Reaction GIF by NBA

Advertisement
Advertisement
This feels like a huge coaching career mistake.

Maybe he likes the challenge and feels the Pac12 could be an easier fix. But I don’t know if east Coast prospects are going to flock to Colorado.

Also if Sanders truly cares about Jackson State he will say no players are following me.
Last sentence is bogus. This is that man's career, he's not a politician. Not to mention that it would be in the kids best interest to follow their ultra successful thus far coach, who can now help them be successful in regularly televised P5 football games (Prime will definitely get air time).

Hunter, the QB (his son), Coleman and the P5 transfer kids if they performed should absolutely follow him to Boulder. If it were my son I'd say, see you in Boulder kiddo.

Stop underestimating Coach Prime.

It will not take much to turn Colorado into a respectable team in the Pac12 and not much more to get them over the middle class of the conference. They are going to be a fun team to watch, fun destination for portal players (they are going to play immediately), and you're going to get some stud freshmen there. Deion Sanders is a gravitational person...people want to be around him...he's a successful human being.

He's never not been a successful person...some people are like that and just built different. If he sees in Colorado what I see in Colorado, he knows exactly what he's doing. Its a good program to try and resurrect. If you are a coach with a pulse, you can win a little bit there. Mike McIntyre was coach of the year. Gary Barnett was coach of the year. Bill McCartney is a legend there. Rick Neuheisel won 70% of his games there.

Is Boulder going to be different this time around and not be a racist community trying to drive their best athletes out of the city like they did under Bill McCartney? I guess we'll see if the community is different this time around. I hope so.

Advertisement
This feels like a huge coaching career mistake.

Maybe he likes the challenge and feels the Pac12 could be an easier fix. But I don’t know if east Coast prospects are going to flock to Colorado.

Also if Sanders truly cares about Jackson State he will say no players are following me.

Colorado is beautiful and tolerant--if not diverse-enough--to let Dion do his thing. I think Boulder will support Prime because he's a positive influence and, at the end of the day, wants to inspire young people.

Great marriage, IMHO.

Colorado is beautiful and tolerant--if not diverse-enough--to let Dion do his thing. I think Boulder will support Prime because he's a positive influence and, at the end of the day, wants to inspire young people.

Great marriage, IMHO.

We are going to find out if Boulder is really tolerant these days or if they are still a lil NIMBY.

Advertisement

It will not take much to turn Colorado into a respectable team in the Pac12 and not much more to get them over the middle class of the conference. They are going to be a fun team to watch, fun destination for portal players (they are going to play immediately), and you're going to get some stud freshmen there. Deion Sanders is a gravitational person...people want to be around him...he's a successful human being.

He's never not been a successful person...some people are like that and just built different. If he sees in Colorado what I see in Colorado, he knows exactly what he's doing. Its a good program to try and resurrect. If you are a coach with a pulse, you can win a little bit there. Mike McIntyre was coach of the year. Gary Barnett was coach of the year. Bill McCartney is a legend there. Rick Neuheisel won 70% of his games there.

Is Boulder going to be different this time around and not be a racist community trying to drive their best athletes out of the city like they did under Bill McCartney? I guess we'll see if the community is different this time around. I hope so.
I also think success at Colorado is somewhat tempered. I don’t think Colorado is a long term destination for him.

He’s going to put together a respectable coaching staff and instantly transform their recruiting. If that turns into 7 or 8 win season within his first two years, he’s getting bigger P5 offers.

I also think success at Colorado is somewhat tempered. I don’t think Colorado is a long term destination for him.

He’s going to put together a respectable coaching staff and instantly transform their recruiting. If that turns into 7 or 8 win season within his first two years, he’s getting bigger P5 offers.
As long as Colorado ponies up cash to keep Dion in the upper half of PAC 12 coaches salaries, he won't leave! He has a blank slate in Colorado just like he had at Jackson State. Guys like Deon like to build stuff and prove people wrong. If he would leave Colorado after a successful term, F$U would be a likely destination.

Advertisement

The Denver-Boulder area is a lot different now compared to the early 90s.

Great marriage, IMHO.
i spent some time there a few months ago and it is very progressive and as diverse as it can be given it's past racial makeup.

Regarding Prime and his program building: the more teams that can actually be talented and good, the more we can get away from only a few teams having the best talent. For most of my life, we had a measure of parity in the sport and then a few cheating programs had their own "NIL" working illegally for years. With Mario at UM, Lincoln at USC, FSU improving, and maybe UF improving, we will hopefully get back to the days where any part of the country could rise up and have a realistic shot of winning it all. The 12 team playoff will also help with this.

Advertisement
Back