Travis Hunter Live Commitment

The bigger question, will the NCAA crush Hunter for life or let him slide to another school with a slap on the wrist.

Advertisement
I'm happy this happened to FSU instead of us, F them.

With that said, this changes everything and is something that must be monitored going forward. I'm all for the kids getting paid unless this was an orchestrated ruse and both Hunter and Deion end up at FSU after next season. That would violate the spirit of what the NIL and transfer rules are suppose to be by merging them into an unholy temporary marriage.

To be clear, there is NOTHING the NCAA can do at this point about NIL. That genie is out of the bottle. What they can control, however, is the transfer rules. If you tell me right now Hunter is sincere in picking Jackson State and plans to stay there until he goes pro.....then I have zero problem with all of this. However, I'm skeptical by nature and as I mentioned before this is something that must be policed if it turns into a trend. This could absolutely destroy college football.
Jedi,
Did you wonder if the Ewers kid that left high school early to get a $1M+ NIL deal at OSU and then transferred to Texas without playing a down or going through a whole season was "sincere" when he signed?

Agreed. CFB stars are just never going to be that marketable. They're too transient and CFB is too regional. I don't even think your Ehlinger example works because he, nor any other player, really have mass national appeal to make it worth it for a brand to spend millions of dollars on a kid.

I always thought the NIL thing would be huge amongst boosters wanting to see their team win, not brands who think some 18 year old who has the charisma of a dead toad is going to help sell their product.
Johnny Manziel would've been marketable as **** when he played so, while I don't disagree with your general premise, there are exceptions to every rule.

But it was ok when Quinn Evers got that bag to leave high school early right?
Absolutely not. Unless Ewers is some sort of savant, kids shouldn't be allowed to skip grades in HS like that. His was nothing more than a money grab and we've already seen him transfer, which makes the whole situation more laughable.

I've never really been an advocate of kids leaving HS early to enroll in college spring sessions for sports. I know it's widely accepted and i can see both sides of debate. But education and having kids follow through on something like high school and graduating with their classmates should be important. Far too many times education is de-prioritized in favor of athletic pursuit. I know many will roll their eyes or laugh at the thought but as adults, it's important to instill the value of education into our youth, as most will not have the opportunity in the pro game and will need to find alternate careers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Absolutely not. Unless Ewers is some sort of savant, kids shouldn't be allowed to skip grades in HS like that. His was nothing more than a money grab and we've already seen him transfer, which makes the whole situation more laughable.

I've never really been an advocate of kids leaving HS early to enroll in college spring sessions for sports. I know it's widely accepted and i can see both sides of debate. But education and having kids follow through on something like high school and graduating with their classmates should be important. Far too many times education is de-prioritized in favor of athletic pursuit. I know many will roll their eyes or laugh at the thought but as adults, it's important to instill the value of education into our youth, as most will not have the opportunity in the pro game and will need to find alternate careers.

You do realize if they are graduating EARLY...that their education was in order for them to do so correct?.

My last semester in high school was spent trying to smash chicks and walking around school as i may have had 1 core class to complete before college if that.

Yeah nobody cared when Evers did this. Hope the kid goes to JSU and ball out! It’s a lot of concern about a recruit not going to UM rival school. Interesting.
wait, so you're telling me Texas isn't "ruining the sport"? lmao

they said Ewers literally got rookie contract numbers to go to Texas and we didn't hear a peep from this board about "ruining the sport".

Advertisement
Yeah nobody cared when Evers did this. Hope the kid goes to JSU and ball out! It’s a lot of concern about a recruit not going to UM rival school. Interesting.
Unless Jack St jumps D1P5 next season, if he doesn't totally dominate, bust all over it...

km_20211215-1_1080p(2)_1.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back