Travis Hunter In the Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not difficult to see what's going on here.

Sanders told Hunter he wants him with him at Colorado, but to do what's best for him. Which is what Hunter said in his video.

Hunter will follow that advice and take visits, before doing exactly what we all expect him to do. Following Prime to Colorado. Him acting like a father figure by telling Hunter to do what's best for him is the excuse Hunter will use to follow him there.

End of story.
I can't let myself believe that Prime's ego actually said that lol.

Advertisement
I try my best to avoid the naive or feel good takes when it comes to anything involving money. If anyone chose to take Prime at his word that he was gonna bring HBCU’s back to glory and thought he was gonna be there forever, that’s on them. That was never the reality. He’s great at self marketing. He did his job and IMO it worked out well for both parties.

anyone who takes deion at his word, or thinks that deion is about anything other than deion .... then they are higher than snoop dog after a three day jamaican bender.

Advertisement
It'd be a shocking move for Hunter to go anywhere else besides Colorado. Only way that kid goes elsewhere is if he's come to the realization that Prime can't get him locked in as a 1st round pick.

Advertisement
Lets throw NIL money and see if he baits. Ik its a long shot, but its worth the try. Would love to have this kid

I agree that him going to CU is not a lock. Going from JSU to Boulder will be a big culture shock and Hunter has nothing more to prove. He's going to be a Junior? So realistically this probably his last year before he declares. Student population of CU is 33K. AA student population is 600 students. UM's population is 17K, with 1000 AA students.

Years ago, I saw LL Cool JJ perform at the Filmore in Denver. There were no more than 10 AAs at the show out of several thousand. To say it was odd was an understatement. I would expect that for maybe Train, but not LL. AA populations in CO is 4.7%. Very little diversity in CO. Outside of the Central American migrants working the typical jobs, I didn't see a lot of Hispanics. Maybe things have changed since the state is on the forefront of the cannabis industry but not according to recent census stats. Beautiful state but not for me and maybe not for Hunter.

Now none of this may matter but if Travis Hunter turned down a scholly to FSU and the perks of being close to FAMU for JSU in order to help Sanders gain recognition to HBCs then maybe he doesn't see the appeal of going to Colorado besides just going to a Power 5 school. if that's the case, then there are much better Power 5 situations with NIL $$ for what could potentially be his last year of college. Obviously playing for Prime has a certain appeal but is it enough for him not to consider Miami, NIL coin and a much more diverse culture?I am not sure.
Hunter just graduated high school in January. He will be a sophomore next year

Don’t fall for any of this garbage. They put it out there on purpose to avoid tampering.

Absolutely. I posted earlier in the thread that Deion has already said he's going to Colorado.....so now it's about covering that bc he shouldn't have said it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Its not difficult to see what's going on here.

Sanders told Hunter he wants him with him at Colorado, but to do what's best for him. Which is what Hunter said in his video.

Hunter will follow that advice and take visits, before doing exactly what we all expect him to do. Following Prime to Colorado. Him acting like a father figure by telling Hunter to do what's best for him is the excuse Hunter will use to follow him there.

End of story.
It’s entirely possible they have a real relationship and Sanders actually cares about him as more than a football player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back