Travis Homer

verobeachcane

Recruit
Banned
So im bored at work and have been watching the games from last season. I truly believe if our o-line can generate even a little room for Homer to run this guy is gonna have a HUGE season. A lot of people on this board are hyped up about Lingard and Dallas. But after watching the games, Homer to me is the best back we have. He constantly turned 1 and 2 yard plays into 6 or 7 yard gains. He always falls forward when tackled. His ability to break tackles is underrated. The dude literally won us some games with how clutch he was. Its those small things that in my mind make him our best back. Just hoping the o-line can get it together. Cant wait for the season to start. Go Canes!!!!!

Advertisement
So im bored at work and have been watching the games from last season. I truly believe if our o-line can generate even a little room for Homer to run this guy is gonna have a HUGE season. A lot of people on this board are hyped up about Lingard and Dallas. But after watching the games, Homer to me is the best back we have. He constantly turned 1 and 2 yard plays into 6 or 7 yard gains. He always falls forward when tackled. His ability to break tackles is underrated. The dude literally won us some games with how clutch he was. Its those small things that in my mind make him our best back. Just hoping the o-line can get it together. Cant wait for the season to start. Go Canes!!!!!
IF either guy beats Homer out that just speaks to how great our stable is. Iron sharpens iron.

Advertisement
Homer is the best back on the team "right now". Will the others be better? Maybe

But I want to go with Homer as the starter in this offense hands down.

Also, Homer is way underrated as a pass catcher. He makes the grab and explodes downfield. This year, I’m looking for more high % throws to him (and Dallas) on:

*. Swing passes. Like an extended run. Gets him outside and 1-1 with LBs. Tough match up.
*. Screens. Get the OL in front of him and watch him go.
* wheel routes. Out and up. Can’t recall that pattern in ‘17. If our QB can hit him, it’s home run.

Advertisement
Two things can be true at once. Homer is The Man this year and is going to have an outstanding season. Deejay Dallas is the best running back on this team and is going to do big big things this year and in the future. A does not invalidate B, nor vice versa.

Now, a QB would be helpful...

In the day, we had history of back ups who were better than older starter waiting thier turn. Once they got thier turn, you would always pleasantly surprised. This is Homer’s 3rd year. He goes pro, most likely, so it is his money year. It is everyone best interest for him to get the carries he needs so he goes high and sets stage for the next back out. That flows back to recruiting backs. They go to school that puts backs in the pros. We now have 3 or4 stacked in sussessive years. Deejay at 220 is a scary thought anyway, but coming in fresh to spell Homer will result in many a long TD run for him. It will be interesting to see if Burns can stake a claim on next year. Right now DeeJay looks like next man up a year early.

If we are going to play LSU in the first game of the year and its going to be a physical game....you don't want anyone other then Homer at your RB spot. When healthy he plays big when the lights are on. (FSU/ND) A year older and with proper development he should have a big time year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Homer was one of my favorite recruits recently. Super quiet committed and never heard anything bad. in my opinion was the best RB in Miami that year. He's just proving that, he just produces and it's nice to have a back who doesn't get caught from behind when he breaks free. I think he's going to have a great year this year and just build off what he started last year

Advertisement
Back