Travis Homer and the Run Game (GIFs)

As far as Herndon is concerned, all the things he's good at, Brevin is better... run blocking from the TE position wont be an issue.

You mean Brevin has potential to be better, or that he's better than Herndon right now? I can buy the former but the latter is highly suspect, at best.

Advertisement
Homer really surprised me he was under the radar and exploded when given the chance which says a lot about coach Brown as a teacher as well.
The production from the kid really shouldn't be surprising anyone that had that their eyes on him during recruitment. He was a 4 star, top ten at his position nationally recruit which is hardly an "under the radar" player. Had a sub 4.5 forty and a sparq score among the best in the country to go along with pretty strong production. It isn't like Brown has molded some nobody.

I still can't believe Notre Dame played both safeties deep the whole game. It's like they didn't bother watching film on Miami at all. They should have fired their coordinator that night.

On a serious note, I agree on Homer. He's got the patience to wait for the play to develop and the vision to see all the lanes. Surprising break away speed in the open field. Seriously underrated player.

We can have the chain and they were getting the ******* ring if you recall. Clown. Nice hire Jimbo

Advertisement
Disagree. I love the way Homer hits the hole but I think Duke had perhaps the best short burst of any RB we've had at UM. Duke had elite acceleration.

Edit: sifting through Duke Johnson videos forced me to relive just how God-awful our uniforms really were...

oh yeah. clearly faster acceleration. loved duke!!!

Why do ppl act surprised that Homer is talented?? His measurables are almost identical to Dalvin Cook, had a higher SPARQ rating than Cook, and was an ace special teamer out the gate.

Homer has elite level strength and speed... his vision is inconsistent but this is only his junior year, I believe he'll be running behind better blockers and he's going to be a year better than he was last season.

I expect him to be the starter the entire season.

not sure why people act surprised, he was a top 10 back coming out of high school.
https://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=RB

Disagree. I love the way Homer hits the hole but I think Duke had perhaps the best short burst of any RB we've had at UM. Duke had elite acceleration.

Edit: sifting through Duke Johnson videos forced me to relive just how God-awful our uniforms really were...

Nope, post the gif of homer run vs va tech

Advertisement

Duke was a beast in his own right. Nothing but love for #8. Not his fault he played under the staph that was here at the time.

Homer run vs va tech more impressive outrunning legit nfl prospects in the backend like that

Homer run vs va tech more impressive outrunning legit nfl prospects in the backend like that

Enjoyable post thanks. Forgot how much I enjoy watching the Canes play well. I agree Homer can PLAY. No doubt. Excited about our stable next year. With regards to Herndon, when he went down at the end of the Pitt game I told the 3 people I was watching the game with that I didn't care about the loss half as much as if we just lost Herndon for the rest of the year. Kid is an absolute stud and we win the Orange Bowl if he plays that game healthy. But that's football. Shoulda woulda. 0-3 to end the year and somehow ranked in the top 5 going into 2018. lets party in Dallas...

Advertisement
I hope Jordon will be ready to go against top P5 defenses, but I think it's expecting too much. Herndon was so much better than most fans give him credit for. He's going to be a longtime starter in the NFL. ... I do think George has the power to help out even as a TF.

Those are good looks for Homer. Without going back over the tape, I don't recall him making great reads with enough consistency. He's got good balance and burst to go along with his strength. So if he can be selective like the highlights above, then yes, I agree we'll see a big improvement in the running game. The good news is that we can spread the load with Dallas and Lingard (and maybe Burns?), so Homer is always fresh when called upon.

Ive got lots of respect for what Homer did stepping up when Walton went down. He seems like the type of student of the game that isnt going to just rely on talent and will work to refine all areas of his game.

That said, I would like to see him get off to a faster start in games. He seems to get better as the game goes on and takes a few hits, which is great. But he seemed a little stiff in 1st half of games. Maybe im just nits. Would love to see his stats 1st half vs second half of games

Give him a little daylight and he will find it. Love watching him run.
Add LL and Davis and some QB play. !

Advertisement
Lingard only going to make homer better. The competition, the rest he’ll get next year. Dallas provided some relief, but isn’t an every down back like lingard. It’s scary to think of our backfield the next 2 years, assuming homer doesn’t leave with a solid season.

And if burns can get healthy and provide some carries, wow. Burns has a chance to be very good.

I dont see why everyone is writing off Dallas as an impact player at RB next season. The kid has great vision and feel for the game along with very good size and strength with the ability to bounce of tacklers with ease. His performance in the later part of the season along with the Wisconsin game would indicate to me that he needs to see a lot of carries next season. I for one would not be shocked or upset to see him with 10-15 carries against LSU week one.

Ive got lots of respect for what Homer did stepping up when Walton went down. He seems like the type of student of the game that isnt going to just rely on talent and will work to refine all areas of his game.

That said, I would like to see him get off to a faster start in games. He seems to get better as the game goes on and takes a few hits, which is great. But he seemed a little stiff in 1st half of games. Maybe im just nits. Would love to see his stats 1st half vs second half of games
You are nuts

Dallas is gonna play and have an impact, just not as an every down back imo. He’ll get plenty of chances.

Advertisement
Back