Travis Benjamin opts out

Advertisement
Advertisement
Travis has had a nice little nfl career. Think he could have been fun with Shanahah and had a shot at a super bowl but not sure if he would have made the team.

Advertisement
I don't follow these dudes close enough to know anything about their immediate families, but assuming none of them have children or a spouse that have SEVERE medical issues this is about as stupid a move as you can make. NFL football is a young mans game. Get paid while you can because you only have so many good earning years. On top of that, 20-40 year old men in great health have almost 0% chance of ending up getting anything worse than a nasty cold IF they even get it. Their kids are basically immune to covid since it has no fatalities to children....these guys are wasting valuable earning years on a blown out of proportion pile of shiit.

Ohhhhh Boy! Let’s attack players for making personal decisions. We are selfish beings because we all want what we want, which is a season with football, anything that jeopardizes that is attacked! This mentality is exactly why this nation is a Covid Ecosystem right now!
I was being sarcastic....all the cis tough guys are calling anyone who sits soft.

Advertisement
For fringe players, opting out on 2020 is opting out on your career. Watch...

Yup, it's curtains for two of our past players. If they were at the top of their game, I feel they would've played. At least this way they went out on their own terms and have both earned over 20 mil in their careers.

I don't follow these dudes close enough to know anything about their immediate families, but assuming none of them have children or a spouse that have SEVERE medical issues this is about as stupid a move as you can make. NFL football is a young mans game. Get paid while you can because you only have so many good earning years. On top of that, 20-40 year old men in great health have almost 0% chance of ending up getting anything worse than a nasty cold IF they even get it. Their kids are basically immune to covid since it has no fatalities to children....these guys are wasting valuable earning years on a blown out of proportion pile of shiit.

Agree, but they've both earned a fifth to a quarter of a million dollars and both would've barely made a team if they made it at all.

Advertisement
More children under the age of 17 in California died due to helicopter crashes involving Kobe Bryant than from Covid.
Oh, I get the statistics. But don't discount the stuff that goes through a new parent's mind. He probably has a swimming pool too. That's more likely to be a threat that Covid.

Advertisement
Back