Travis Benjamin opts out

ddann

Sophomore

Advertisement
So did fins albert wilson.

Questions on opt-out players:

1) Do they get paid any of their salary?
2) Do they go on a special list, or is it similar to when a player retires?
3) Are teams under any obligation to retain them during the opt-out?

Questions on opt-out players:

1) Do they get paid any of their salary?
2) Do they go on a special list, or is it similar to when a player retires?
3) Are teams under any obligation to retain them during the opt-out?
There are 2 options:

1. You get $150K, but you don't accrue a season. So it's basically like this year never exists. If you have 2 years left on your deal as of today, you take you $150k and next year, same contract, still 2 years, etc. Also, the $150K is an advance on next year's salary.

2. You get $350K, but you do accrue a season. So, I believe you basically forego your salary this year for $350K.

Advertisement
There are 2 options:

1. You get $150K, but you don't accrue a season. So it's basically like this year never exists. If you have 2 years left on your deal as of today, you take you $150k and next year, same contract, still 2 years, etc. Also, the $150K is an advance on next year's salary.

2. You get $350K, but you do accrue a season. So, I believe you basically forego your salary this year for $350K.

lol the NFLPA went for this?? Those options are trash.

There are 2 options:

What about players like Wilson in a contract year?

200 (1).gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
lol the NFLPA went for this?? Those options are trash.
I think I'd take my chances and play. That second option is crazy. Lose a contract year for peanuts? Just give me option 1 and I take a vacation, knowing it didn't eat up a giant chunk of change from my contract.

So did fins albert wilson.
For im, it might be a good idea. I don't know how Wilson's contract is structured this year,but I doubt he'd make it 16 games without injury and possibly facing getting dropped.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back