Travis Benjamin & Oliver Vernon tidbits

View as article

decleated

Enabler
Administrator
Interesting tidbits on them about their stats during the Combine and Pro Day..
Oliver Vernon ran a 4.80 in the combine and was the 8th fastest DL there..
Vernon improved his 40 time at the Pro Day when he ran a 4.64 in the forty..
That would make Oliver the 2nd fastest DL going in the draft do you think this will move his stock up?
As you know Sean Spence ran a 4.71 at the combine but choose not to run at the Pro Day..

NFL Combine - Defensive Lineman
Bruce Irvin 4.50
Nick Perry 4.64
Whiteny Mercilus 4.68
Andre Branch 4.70
Quinton Coples 4.78
Fletcher Cox 4.79
Melvin Ingram 4.79
Oliver Vernon 4.80

35.jpg
vs
36.jpg

Sports trainer Tony Villani back in December told Benjamin his goal was to post better numbers then Eagles WR DeSean Jackson..
Recently Villani said that TB was more explosive, quicker, stronger, and heavier than DeSean Jackson..
Here are the numbers from a recent article but when I looked at the combine the numbers seem a little off..
Also according to the UM Pro Day site TB measured at 5'10 170lbs..
Any thoughts?

Travis Benjamin: H:5'9'' Wt:172 40:4.32 Vert:38.0 L-Drill:6.96 Bench:14 reps
DeSean Jackson: H:5'9'' Wt:169 40:4.35 Vert:34.5 L-Drill:6.82 Shuttle:4.19

According to the article the Steelers are very interested in TB..

Advertisement
TB is straight line fast, but not nearly as quick or explosive as Jackson.

He is dumb as rocks, so that puts him on par with Jackson.

comparing 40 times in Indy vs a pro day is apples and oranges. Can't do it. pro day times aren't as precise as indy and the backdrop is totally different.

You can compare all the numbers you want with Desean, and yes, on paper they are very similar. But, they are totally different players in how they play.

Advertisement
Interesting tidbits on them about their stats during the Combine and Pro Day..
Oliver Vernon ran a 4.80 in the combine and was the 8th fastest DL there..
Vernon improved his 40 time at the Pro Day when he ran a 4.64 in the forty..
That would make Oliver the 2nd fastest DL going in the draft do you think this will move his stock up?
As you know Sean Spence ran a 4.71 at the combine but choose not to run at the Pro Day..

NFL Combine - Defensive Lineman
Bruce Irvin 4.50
Nick Perry 4.64
Whiteny Mercilus 4.68
Andre Branch 4.70
Quinton Coples 4.78
Fletcher Cox 4.79
Melvin Ingram 4.79
Oliver Vernon 4.80

35.jpg
vs
36.jpg

Sports trainer Tony Villani back in December told Benjamin his goal was to post better numbers then Eagles WR DeSean Jackson..
Recently Villani said that TB was more explosive, quicker, stronger, and heavier than DeSean Jackson..
Here are the numbers from a recent article but when I looked at the combine the numbers seem a little off..
Also according to the UM Pro Day site TB measured at 5'10 170lbs..
Any thoughts?

Travis Benjamin: H:5'9'' Wt:172 40:4.32 Vert:38.0 L-Drill:6.96 Bench:14 reps
DeSean Jackson: H:5'9'' Wt:169 40:4.35 Vert:34.5 L-Drill:6.82 Shuttle:4.19

According to the article the Steelers are very interested in TB..
those numbers are where the comparisons between benjamin and jackson start and end

Advertisement
T B might have been a receiver like Jackson, but was never developed, and never asked do do anything other that go routes. He might be one that makes some noise in the league

Vernon did himself a huge dis-service leaving early. He hadn't played a complete game in 3 years of college and tested out as an average athlete. IMO he will be lucky to get drafted and with his attitude will be out of the league in 2 years top.

Advertisement
Vernon did himself a huge dis-service leaving early. He hadn't played a complete game in 3 years of college and tested out as an average athlete. IMO he will be lucky to get drafted and with his attitude will be out of the league in 2 years top.
100%

i cant understand how some of these kids can be so stupid

I think he will get drafted simply because he could be a nice fit for a lot of teams with his size/speed combo. I seriously doubt whether he ever sees the field in the NFL but I think someone will take a chance on him. He definitely did himself a dis-service, but seems like he helped us out by leaving.

smh. jackson has better feet and cutting ability than TB. he can cut while losing very little speed while TB has to gather his feet. That's the difference. Jackson's football IQ is fine.

Advertisement

smh. jackson has better feet and cutting ability than TB. he can cut while losing very little speed while TB has to gather his feet. That's the difference. Jackson's football IQ is fine.

Any NFL guys putting TB in league with DJack is just trying to be nice. I like Benjamin a lot, but he nowhere near the level of Jackson. Look at the pathetic attempts on punt returns, and then watch Jackson return kicks and you see two completely different players, dont give a **** what their 40 times are.

I think he will get drafted simply because he could be a nice fit for a lot of teams with his size/speed combo. I seriously doubt whether he ever sees the field in the NFL but I think someone will take a chance on him. He definitely did himself a dis-service, but seems like he helped us out by leaving.

Agree. Shame that he didn't feel like buying in to the hard work and development. he would have made himself a lot of $$ by staying.

Agree. Shame that he didn't feel like buying in to the hard work and development. he would have made himself a lot of $$ by staying.

yet he thinks he can hack in the nfl

lol

yet he thinks he can hack in the nfl

lol

Also agree that he helped us out by leaving. Hurts depth, but need the negative attitudes out of here.

Advertisement
Back