Do we want TRob as Cb coach?

• Yes

Votes: 309 95.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
I generally agree with you El, but Banda as DC and TRob as CB coach is a Phucking slap in the face and demeaning. TRob was already DC and very good CB coach and recruiter. Yet like always when it comes to Brothers you find some reason to give the Coordinator position to like kind/relationship person and offer the Brother something less. WTF makes you think making Banda DC necessary to "appease" everyone? When will hiring the best personnel be priority and not be based on giving "friends like kind" and relationships key coordinator positions?

trob was an abysmal failure as dc. he's an elite recruiter and great db coach, but that's his best role.

In his tenure as DC he average:
63rd in points allowed
78th in yards allowed

if this is good to you then we have different standards of what a good to elite DC is
you're responding to someone who thinks that offering trob a db job is demeaning because he was a dc, but also thinks that winston moss would happily come take a role under manny.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
My hope is that Baker gets some attention from some other program & gets a new job. Then Diaz could elevate Banda to DC, make Patke the full time LB coach, put Rumph at Safeties & bring in T-Rob as CB's coach.

Now obviously, people would have a seizure if Banda was DC but Diaz would actually call the Defense & Banda would basically just be a DC in title only & Rumph would stay on staff coaching so none of the former players could complain about Rumph being fired lol.

I know that would never happen, but imo that's the best scenario to keep everyone happy.
I like two things- Where your mind is at with the above thought process and Kenny Kelly on the front page of the site. Merry New Year- Nam Jiebaco

I like two things- Where your mind is at with the above thought process and Kenny Kelly on the front page of the site. Merry New Year- Nam Jiebaco

to liberty keep rumph so former players don't ***** -- he sucks at his jobs. unless he pulls marshall, he better be looking at real estate elsewhere

In the words of the late great Ted DiBiase, "everybody's got a price.."

international man of mystery ransom GIF

Advertisement
My hope is that Baker gets some attention from some other program & gets a new job. Then Diaz could elevate Banda to DC, make Patke the full time LB coach, put Rumph at Safeties & bring in T-Rob as CB's coach.

Now obviously, people would have a seizure if Banda was DC but Diaz would actually call the Defense & Banda would basically just be a DC in title only & Rumph would stay on staff coaching so none of the former players could complain about Rumph being fired lol.

I know that would never happen, but imo that's the best scenario to keep everyone happy.
There are a lot of elements in this post that inspire questions lol, but my biggest is about moving Rumph to safeties and having T-Rob coach cb's. Is T-Rob that good of a cb coach that that's who you'd want there?

I generally agree with you El, but Banda as DC and TRob as CB coach is a Phucking slap in the face and demeaning. TRob was already DC and very good CB coach and recruiter. Yet like always when it comes to Brothers you find some reason to give the Coordinator position to like kind/relationship person and offer the Brother something less. WTF makes you think making Banda DC necessary to "appease" everyone? When will hiring the best personnel be priority and not be based on giving "friends like kind" and relationships key coordinator positions?
I'm making a mistake even entertaining this question but I will anyway..

1) WTF are you talking about?

2) If you can read, you'll see clearly my reasoning for putting Banda at that spot was because of Diaz would keep both he & Rumph on staff, so in that scenario he would be DC in title only, I wrote that very clearly, idk how anybody read what I wrote & still found a way to misinterpret that, like you have to try to be that obtuse smh lol.

3) I'm Black myself so exactly WTF are you talking about with this dumbass racial angle you keep trying to make everything?? There isn't a person on this board who advocates more for & is aware of Black coaches more than me, I can bank on that, so you're completely wrong in whatever it is you're trying to assume.

4) T-Rob is a Muschamp disciple, they run a 3-4 Defense, we run a 4-2-5, Diaz wouldn't hire a DC who runs a completely different scheme than him because personnel changes drastically according to the scheme.

5) The whole point is to get an elite recruiter on the staff, so all I'm saying is, knowing how Diaz is the likelihood of him firing a bunch of coaches that are his guys, so the next best option is to reshuffle the staff while finding a way to still bring him on, because Diaz would never just wholesale fire one of his Defensive coaches & replace them with a guy who he's not as familiar with.

The point of my comment was to find a work around considering the circumstances & how things are done, if it were up to me I would just replace Rumph with T-Rob without question, but that's not how Diaz works when it comes to his Defense, so I just laid out a scenario where it could still possibly work.

Context is key, don't purposely take out of context my comment & then make a bunch of assumptions about what I'm saying when I clearly said none of that probably wouldn't happen anyway, it was literally hypothetical.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back