Trap Game=@Virginia

pimpcane1

Junior
This Virginia team can beat Miami. Virginia is coming off a bye with two weeks to prepare for Miami. Miami doesn't play it's best games on the road. As we have seen a team that plays fundamental football, doesn't turn over the ball, commit penalty's and is solid in the kicking game can give these Canes fits (i.e Pitt). Miami is coming off a Rivalry game, probably emotionally and physically spent having to overcome a 20 point lead.

Moreover, UVA's Qb (Bryce Perkins) is a DT that has historically given Manny's defense problems. He is much better than Benkurt, UVA's Qb from last season. This game should be a blow out on paper but could easily be a loss. It will be interesting to see how this team reacts as Richt historically has been known to drop a game he shouldn't.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Perkins better than Benkert? Maybe. Maybe not.

But, there’s no way he can play any better than Benkert played last year against us. That guy was on fire for most of the game.

Advertisement
Virginia is 43rd in S&P+ (VT is 47th and Miami is 16th for comparison).

They're a decent team that could give Miami issues.

The truth is that this team could be beaten by anyone but shouldn’t be beaten by anyone in the regular season. Basically, you can make this post every week from here on out.

And we better beat every one of those teams.

Advertisement
I too thought about this potentially being our Pitt game. Good thing is I believe Perry can make enough plays to keep things going. The pressure of Miami FSU won’t be on his shoulders this week, so I expect him to play more relaxed next week. Yeah, it’s a road game and Virginia is a quality opponent, but instead of folding I think we come out and take care of business.

Until the OL, ST's, and offensive playcalling deficiencies get addressed, every ACC game will be a struggle w/o the defense creating scoring opportunities.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Every game is in question until special teams is fixed. Losing the field position battle makes everything that much harder. All you have to do is look at total yards given up against FSU and LSU and look at how many points they scored. It doesn’t make any sense. Defense can dominate and still give up 20+ points

Perkins is a very good running QB, which makes his passing game more effective, he's a 63.5% passer with 11TD's & only 4INT's on the season.

Their 3 best weapons are RB Jordan Ellis & WR's Olamide Zaccheaus & Harsise Dubois. Olamide is 3rd in the ACC in receiving yards & Jordan Ellis is 5th in rushing yards. However, as a team Miami is ranked higher than them in all offensive categories in the ACC.

NC State was able to figure them out, they shut down UVA's run game & forced 2 INT's. They also exploited UVA's weak secondary, Ryan Finley was 22/32 for 257yds & 3TD's. They also rushed for 176yds.

Our advantage should be in the passing game, they're ranked 40th in pass defense & vs Indiana they gave up 237yds rushing. Deejay & Homer should gash them for some big runs, and I expect JT4 & Harley to make some big plays down the field.

They have some good Senior Safety's in Joey Blount & Juan Thornhill, but their Corners Tim Harris & Darrius Bratton aren't good. They should be susceptible to the Deep ball on the outside & this could be a game Brevin gets off because their LB's don't matchup well in the middle of the field.

They also don't generate much pass rush, they're 12th in the ACC in sacks with only 9 total on the season.

I don't think it's a trap game, but it definitely a game where we need to execute early & get a lead, if we allow them to hang around it could give us problems. I got us winning 34-20.

Advertisement
Back