Transfer Season 2018

DB4

Freshman
Never too early for some high school transfer action. Some early big ones.

-2020 QB Derohn King transferring from Piper to Deerfield Beach
-2019 QB Daniel Richardson transferring from Booker T. Washington to Carol City.

Advertisement
Maybe I'm a bitter old man. That's possible at 27. Who knows. But unless the kid is leaving a subpar learning environment for a better academic school, or his parents have a legit change in circumstance that has nothing to do with football, I hate to see this stuff.

Please believe, I understand and support any young person and their families wanting to get out of any situation where drugs, gangs, guns are a factor. I think all children have the right to a great education free of negative influence. I am not for keeping guys in tough/dangerous/failing situations. If a kid from Carol City wants to go to STA for non football reasons that is completely reasonable and to be commended. As is a kid that is a talented musician or chess player or whatever from Ely or Boyd Anderson going to St. Andrews in Boca. I don't begrudge something like that for a second, and expanding opportunity is critically important to our society.

But this club/7on7 based free agency is I think really detrimental to the game. This player/coach mercenary thing I think needs to be checked somehow.

Last edited:
[MENTION=16185]TheUBack[/MENTION]

These kids are doing what they feel gives them the best opportunity to receive a free education from a power 5 school. I don't care what your background may be, that is an intelligent survival technique.

Now the question, (should they be allowed to transfer?) is a legitimate one. However, the kids don't make the rules. They are abiding by the rules set forth to benefit themselves.

Good point. I would guess these guys are making the moves they make chasing the hope of a scholarship. Earning a 4 year free degree is awesome and powerful. That is in no way my beef.

I feel that the kids and their parents are the actors in this who shoulder the least blame. Certainly there should be no aspersions cast towards anyone trying for a better life. I'm not a hater. I hope these guys do change the trajectory of their circumstance if they're in a tough spot. But the fact that there is "2018 Free Agency" for high schoolers doesn't quite sit well with me.

[MENTION=16185]TheUBack[/MENTION]

These kids are doing what they feel gives them the best opportunity to receive a free education from a power 5 school. I don't care what your background may be, that is an intelligent survival technique.

Now the question, (should they be allowed to transfer?) is a legitimate one. However, the kids don't make the rules. They are abiding by the rules set forth to benefit themselves.

I agree with the point but a starting QB going from Booker T to Carol City is a lateral move. That has nothing to do with recruiting/survival. Both schools receive high level D1 interest regularly. If you're good at either one of those schools you'll be getting recruited. I am all for player movement, but I'm not gonna pretend like this was some chess move. If a kid is going from like a small private school that gets no love and moves on to a bigger school that makes al ot of sense. Or a kid who's a backup at a big school and goes to another school to start.. those are chess moves.

Advertisement
Daniel Richardson transfer has everything to do with immature ****** coaches at Booker T.. when u have grown *** coaches trashing the QB on social media what parent would stand for that ****?? The coaching in south Florida is a joke... I’d move my kid too.

And y’all wonder why parents wanna send their kids to the private schools down here. Somebody does this at St. Thomas they are fired

Last edited:
Daniel Richardson transfer has everything to do with immature ****** coaches at Booker T.. when u have grown *** coaches trashing the QB on social media what parent would stand for that ****?? The coaching in south Florida is a joke... I’d move my kid too.

And y’all wonder why parents wanna send their kids to the private schools down here. Somebody does this at St. Thomas they are fired

Bean?

Thought this thread was about possible graduate transfers and we could grab a waiver wire punter

Advertisement

I think we're starting to see the end of Booker T Washington as a state power. I think they'll still be solid bc Overtown has a ton of talented kids. But if a kid like Richardson is leaving after 3 years, he must know something. Like this thread has mentioned, this seems like a fairly lateral move. BTW has a stud WR that was a freshman, looking at this, wouldn't surprise me if he tried to transfer too. Especially now with Miami Sr coming up.

Daniel Richardson stunk up the joint for btw this year. Him transferring aint gonna make him any better at CC.

I dont think Richardson is a Booker T area kid anyway. I know he played at Pembroke Pines Optomist.

King i figured would leave. DeerfieD recruits a qb every year from some other school. Thats all they do. King will be legit though.

Daniel Richardson stunk up the joint for btw this year. Him transferring aint gonna make him any better at CC.

I dont think Richardson is a Booker T area kid anyway. I know he played at Pembroke Pines Optomist.

I mean he didn't have near the offensive line he did last season. Idk how CC's line will be, but he does get to pair up with Nayquan Wright. And the head coach was his OC a few years back. Not saying he's gonna for sure work out, but I see how it could work.

Advertisement
Didn't Richardson try to transfer to CC last year? or he came from there last year?

He transferred to Miramar in the offseason going into his sophomore year, but transferred back to BTW before that season started.

Man please he was running for his life the whole season..as soon as he got hurt they didnt win a game the rest of the season. Is he as good as Treon harris was in High school? No but he is a good solid QB that can play. he wont get recruited by the top 3 schools but he's gonna be a dam good college QB somewhere

Man please he was running for his life the whole season..as soon as he got hurt they didnt win a game the rest of the season. Is he as good as Treon harris was in High school? No but he is a good solid QB that can play. he wont get recruited by the top 3 schools but he's gonna be a dam good college QB somewhere

He's gonna be running for his life at CC as well. He threw some HORRIBLE picks int he games i saw. He shouldve stayed at Miramar to be honest

Advertisement

He's gonna be running for his life at CC as well. He threw some HORRIBLE picks int he games i saw. He shouldve stayed at Miramar to be honest

Is he better than Miramar's QB?

he was following the OC who went to miramar then went back to Booker T.

Too bad more kids, non-athletes, can't get the chance to do that. But private schools cost as much as college now.

Is he better than Miramar's QB?

yea more than likely.

Advertisement
Back