Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Advertisement
Somebody explain what WR1 means in the context of the University of Miami WR core. It is all relative, correct? Because in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

To the mopers, a WR1 is 6'5", 230 pounds, runs a 4.3 40, and has bigger hands than OJ Simpson after he stops taking his arthritis medicine...

I'm not gonna speak on another kids situation. But I'll say he's getting enough attention yet may go back to cal. I was actually really surprised when I learned all of cals resources. Pretty impressive actually. More amusing, confirmed production houses/studios are backing SC & UCLA... This is an interesting climate in college sports these days. Wish to God I would've played in this environment. Sad none of these kids know who the O'Bannon brothers are yet they basically owe them for the opportunities they are now getting.
Not as familiar with UCLA, but USC has always enjoyed studio folks and big-money boosters. Believe all of their scholarships and coaching positions are endowed. Also, true about kids not appreciating the history that's led to today - Ed O'Bannon and Sonny Vaccaro are to college sports what Curt Flood was to major league baseball.

At some point we’ll hit on a wr lol

A live picture of Gattis on the WR recruiting trail:
1673451652243.jpeg

Advertisement
They ran the ball 538 times opposed to throwing the ball 389 times on the season. Out of those 389 times 82 of them were more often than not bubble screens or tosses which are essentially runs. Put that into the equation and factor in he had two touchdowns taken away from him that were bad initial calls on the field & couldn't be overturned, he had a **** good season not just a solid one. Now he's at a passing offense. Let's see how that works. It was a good enough season that we called plenty & offered him 750k to come back for one season...

Just an honest question, with an offer like that AND a new coaching staff, why did he not want to come back? Or is he just more interested in getting back to the west coast?

Advertisement
"Ask those closest to Syracuse WR transfer Damien Alford, and they’ll tell you he would have been a Miami Hurricane out of Hollywood (Fla.) McArthur High School … if Miami had pursued him hard in recruiting under the prior staff. Now? After spending three years at Syracuse, including catching 20 passes for 429 yards this past season, Alford is in the transfer portal. And Miami is among several programs chasing Alford, who has two years of eligibility." - Matt Shodell

Advertisement
They ran the ball 538 times opposed to throwing the ball 389 times on the season. Out of those 389 times 82 of them were more often than not bubble screens or tosses which are essentially runs. Put that into the equation and factor in he had two touchdowns taken away from him that were bad initial calls on the field & couldn't be overturned, he had a **** good season not just a solid one. Now he's at a passing offense. Let's see how that works. It was a good enough season that we called plenty & offered him 750k to come back for one season...

And he still said no? Jesus

Advertisement
Back