Transfer Portal watch

Miami get players with production like Deen and Gore....meh they too short.
FSU gets highly rated prototypical jag.....master-ba-tion.

Mesidor is what happens when you get production. Stop being thick.
It was like one guy who did that but yes, it was ridiculous.

Advertisement
I think X is a lock for the slot and I do believe George will step up as a #2

Colbie is a great third down or red zone option but we need a big body WR who can separate and make contested catches.

Miami get players with production like Deen and Gore....meh they too short.
FSU gets highly rated prototypical jag.....master-ba-tion.

Mesidor is what happens when you get production. Stop being thick.
Yea I don't understand why the guy is ranked a 92 in the portal. 16 tackles in 3 years with 2 sacks maybe I'm missing something but thats not even jag material.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think X is a lock for the slot and I do believe George will step up as a #2

Colbie is a great third down or red zone option but we need a big body WR who can separate and make contested catches.
This is the same sight who kept saying FSU fans crazy just last off-season for thinking they have a better wr room & a better QB than us... Well I'm curious what has changed in either room outside of a season worth of results(or lack there of) we lost several players that honestly don't really matter & we gained two players that are lightning in a bottle. My real exception to what you said however is when you said colbie can be a good 3rd down or red zone option BUT we need a big bodied wr who can seperate and make contested catches... You literally DESCRIBED WHAT COLBIE IS... I don't speak for anyone else & I can't think of who's still on semenholes but I'll take COLBIE over anyone in either teams room. That kid can be SPECIAL

This is the same sight who kept saying FSU fans crazy just last off-season for thinking they have a better wr room & a better QB than us... Well I'm curious what has changed in either room outside of a season worth of results(or lack there of) we lost several players that honestly don't really matter & we gained two players that are lightning in a bottle. My real exception to what you said however is when you said colbie can be a good 3rd down or red zone option BUT we need a big bodied wr who can seperate and make contested catches... You literally DESCRIBED WHAT COLBIE IS... I don't speak for anyone else & I can't think of who's still on semenholes but I'll take COLBIE over anyone in either teams room. That kid can be SPECIAL
I think Johnny Wilson is coming back for senior year. They signed Hykeem who is boom or bust imo but if Colbie can shed some weight he is our best option.

TVD with a better OC was a better QB when we made those comparisons last offseason , we had results to look at. Gattis has been that awful. And the reason why i think its Gattis is all our QBs lookes awful with him. Gattis play designs are terrible, no idea what spacing is, WR ending up in the same spot time and time again. Also the biggest improvement they made was on the OL. Thats where everything starts, not QB and not WR. Cristobal has sought to address that with a A grade imo. I aint making no predictions but FSU and TCU had the same record 2 seasons ago we just had this season. We need to can Gattis

Harvey has better production than Gilber Edmond.

PFF also agrees:
59.4 grade this season for Edmond in 654 snaps

76.2 for Harvey in 2022 in 412 snaps
65 in 2021 425 snaps
68 in 2020 243 snaps

Harvey's worst is better than this guy's best.

Edmond 39 tackles, 9 TFL, 2 sacks

Harvey 31 tackles, 7.5 TFL, 5 sacks in 242 FEWER snaps!!!!

And folks got on me for overselling Branson Deen who has good film against the pass and run....PFF grades last 3 years of 74, 68, and 68 and a 10 TFL season in 2021 under his belt.

Advertisement
TVD with a better OC was a better QB when we made those comparisons last offseason , we had results to look at. Gattis has been that awful. And the reason why i think its Gattis is all our QBs lookes awful with him. Gattis play designs are terrible, no idea what spacing is, WR ending up in the same spot time and time again. Also the biggest improvement they made was on the OL. Thats where everything starts, not QB and not WR. Cristobal has sought to address that with a A grade imo. I aint making no predictions but FSU and TCU had the same record 2 seasons ago we just had this season. We need to can Gattis
This is probably the most insightful post to date regarding Gattis and why Mario needs to ditch him. I was willing to pinch my nose and let it ride one more season if Mario wanted to Al Golden the OC next season. My biggest argument for getting rid of Gattis was a good will thing with the fans and alumni.

Gattis subjectively failed for most of the year, that was plain to see. Was he hampered by injuries? Of course. But, he still called awful games and our QB's and no one seemed to progress or learn under his watch. HOWEVER, if Mario really wanted to bring him back, that could've worked if we won at least 7 games. However, we had a LOSING record against a soft schedule. Sorry, you can't crap the bed and then tell the fan base, "Oh, um...just trust me." This is why I thought Gattis needed to go even if Mario wanted him back.

But, after reading this post and thinking back on the games, it does seem like Gattis may have failed forward to win the Broyles. Was Harbaugh really the one calling the shots and Josh took the credit? I guess only time will tell. But, if this past year is any indication of his coaching, then yeah, he CAN'T come back. Mario really doesn't want to lose the fanbase before the start of the 2nd season. He kind of burned up his margin with losing 7 games. And, getting mud-stomped by MTSU in our house...?

Mario NEEDS to succeed this coming year. If he doesn't win a minimum 8 games, I fear the slow launch to failure will have been initiated. I'm pulling for you, big guy. Don't let your ego and pride get the better of you. An alum or not, Miami is where head coaches go to lose their careers. It's 100% avoidable, but the trap is always thinking you're the smartest guy in the room. Fight it, Cuban Butch. We need you to turn this thing around.

Advertisement
He made TVD look like he’s never played football before

He made Jake Garcia look like he’s never taken a snap at QB before

TVD started to turn it around a little bit the injuries got him but still

It’s actually unfathomable how bad our QB play was, WR talent and OL injures be damned

This is probably the most insightful post to date regarding Gattis and why Mario needs to ditch him. I was willing to pinch my nose and let it ride one more season if Mario wanted to Al Golden the OC next season. My biggest argument for getting rid of Gattis was a good will thing with the fans and alumni.

Gattis subjectively failed for most of the year, that was plain to see. Was he hampered by injuries? Of course. But, he still called awful games and our QB's and no one seemed to progress or learn under his watch. HOWEVER, if Mario really wanted to bring him back, that could've worked if we won at least 7 games. However, we had a LOSING record against a soft schedule. Sorry, you can't crap the bed and then tell the fan base, "Oh, um...just trust me." This is why I thought Gattis needed to go even if Mario wanted him back.

But, after reading this post and thinking back on the games, it does seem like Gattis may have failed forward to win the Broyles. Was Harbaugh really the one calling the shots and Josh took the credit? I guess only time will tell. But, if this past year is any indication of his coaching, then yeah, he CAN'T come back. Mario really doesn't want to lose the fanbase before the start of the 2nd season. He kind of burned up his margin with losing 7 games. And, getting mud-stomped by MTSU in our house...?

Mario NEEDS to succeed this coming year. If he doesn't win a minimum 8 games, I fear the slow launch to failure will have been initiated. I'm pulling for you, big guy. Don't let your ego and pride get the better of you. An alum or not, Miami is where head coaches go to lose their careers. It's 100% avoidable, but the trap is always thinking you're the smartest guy in the room. Fight it, Cuban Butch. We need you to turn this thing around.
💯.
We had injuries and lack of talent at some positions, but it’s no excuse for the offense to be that bad. You need to make due with what you got. Gattis is just awful, and I don’t think the offense will improve much with him running it.

Advertisement
Back