Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
A solid % of people don’t watch football games, I’m convinced. This is an arms race, and one of the most valuable commodities is tall receivers that can run. Point out for me all the good teams that do t have multiple outside receivers that can win one on one matchups and make plays down the field. There’s a reason the big boys are all trying to sign a ton of stud receivers EVERY class. We had Ahmmon a few years back and he instantly changed the offense; we need at least two of those types per class if we ever want to un**** this program.
UGA's top receiver is their TE. Their second and third most productive receivers are a 6'0 borderline walkon and Kenny McIntosh. Alabama was smashing teams with Waddle, Ruggs and Davonta Smith, the latter of which was 6'0. LSU's offense was one of the best we've seen in 20+ years and Jefferson and Chase are both 6'0 and 6'1, respectively.

Do you need guys on the outside that can make plays? Absolutely. But you can 100% with a receiving core of guys 5'10 - 6'0 provided they can get open and make plays after the catch.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Posts like these are the dumbest. I mean no **** they need to prove it. But this is a message board and the season is 9 months away. If even discussing the 2023 roster bothers you that much just disappear until September.

I swear, Mario landing the #4 class and upgrading the roster has made a good number of posters here only angrier.
Animated GIF

Everyone does it every year….

“Next to Clemson, We have the best recruits”

“With TVD back and the Broyles award winner, we should win 10 games” (I voted for 10 wins last year, BTW. How did that turn out)?

“We have dawgs everywhere on the field.”

“With real o-line coaches, we should be able to dominate the run game.”

It’s been 20 years since we have been good, homie. I wasn’t being negative. All I said was to wait until they actually prove it on the field.

In case you haven’t noticed, we still have the same OC here as we try to recruit transfer players? How’s that working out for us so far in the skills department? We have brought in how many receivers?

Sucking Cat Tail GIF

A solid % of people don’t watch football games, I’m convinced. This is an arms race, and one of the most valuable commodities is tall receivers that can run. Point out for me all the good teams that do t have multiple outside receivers that can win one on one matchups and make plays down the field. There’s a reason the big boys are all trying to sign a ton of stud receivers EVERY class. We had Ahmmon a few years back and he instantly changed the offense; we need at least two of those types per class if we ever want to un**** this program.
Nah bro. Marvin Harrison, Jr is a scrub. Let’s dink and dunk to our running backs and slots all the way down the field & double reverse pass.

Advertisement
UGA's top receiver is their TE. Their second and third most productive receivers are a 6'0 borderline walkon and Kenny McIntosh. Alabama was smashing teams with Waddle, Ruggs and Davonta Smith, the latter of which was 6'0. LSU's offense was one of the best we've seen in 20+ years and Jefferson and Chase are both 6'0 and 6'1, respectively.

Do you need guys on the outside that can make plays? Absolutely. But you can 100% with a receiving core of guys 5'10 - 6'0 provided they can get open and make plays after the catch.
Every team you said had players drafted in the top 3 rounds. What skill player on our offense has shown you that they will produce enough next year to even be considered draftable.

Advertisement
Every team you said had players drafted in the top 3 rounds. What skill player on our offense has shown you that they will produce enough next year to even be considered draftable.
Not saying now, but guys like Skinner, Williams and Joseph are top 3 round players based on talent

Advertisement
Not saying now, but guys like Skinner, Williams and Joseph are top 3 round players based on talent
I agree but we have TVD this year and they still have to prove it. We all thought Romello, George and Smith were going to be good but here we are with all of them just showing flashes. I'm honestly surprised TVD hasn't left yet considering his best play is just throwing it up and trusting a Wr. Hopefully Young develops and stays healthy all year because that's his only hope.

I agree but we have TVD this year and they still have to prove it. We all thought Romello, George and Smith were going to be good but here we are with all of them just showing flashes. I'm honestly surprised TVD hasn't left yet considering his best play is just throwing it up and trusting a Wr. Hopefully Young develops and stays healthy all year because that's his only hope.
George and Smith are still young and supremely talented. Just need to be developed. Time and coaching will tell

Advertisement
Back