Transfer Portal watch

Based off the last 13 months I would say banking on landing premier portal players is irresponsible. I don't need as many paragraphs as you to explain that. Whatever mythical fairy land you are posting from where it has already happened please post pictures.

Just make up more nonsense. I don't care.

I've already posted about how Mario went through his first couple months on the job without enough coaches on the evaluation/recruiting side. I've already posted about how the hiring of Alonzo and the guy from Michigan State have improved our evaluation of both recruits and Portal transfers. I've already posted on how the Portal successes of guys like Riley and Kiffin and Norvell are not long-term strategies and pose sustainability challenges. I've already posted on my prior-year concerns that we may have rushed offers out to certain early Portal guys (2022 cycle) just to feel like we were getting "numbers".

I realize you are some dopey little twit who is constantly whining, but do you honestly think that "Riley" and "Kiffin" and "Norvell" are the only guys at their schools who do the work on Portal scouting and communication? You can't possibly be that dumb, right? Particularly with Kiffin and Norvell, who simply don't seem to do as well on REGULAR recruiting...

But, yeah, you are going to keep white-knighting for Kiffin and Norvell.

I know some of the Portal guys Miami is interested in. I also know we are not interested in every name that pops up, no matter how many times that people like you post "portal entry tweets" and talk about "Miami really needs to get in contact with this guy".

I have way more conversations with friends and fellow fans than just on this board. I've expressed my concerns to anyone and everyone I speak with. I don't have a black-hole-soul and a need to bloviate every half-baked idea that enters the brain in quite the way that you do. I will manage to live the next few months without a compulsive need to post every fear and feeling.

I don't know if Mario will plug every hole in the next 6 months that will elevate us to ACC-CG status for 2023. But it isn't for lack of awareness or effort or recruiting or communication. I find it amusing that some people can acknowledge that Mario is a tremendous recruiter, even as they pretend that somehow he loses all of his skills when it comes to talking with guys who are a year or three older.

If you want to have a logical and calm discussion, that is always an option, but I really don't think you're capable of it. And that's not some personal insult, it's just a reflection after observing your frantic whiny rants for quite some time.

Again, take a Midol. Give it an hour. I'm sure you'll start to feel better.

Advertisement
Played RG and C at USF. Tons of experience. Not sure if he'd actually be an upgrade over Jakai but worth mentioning.

I've already posted about how Mario went through his first couple months on the job without enough coaches on the evaluation/recruiting side. I've already posted about how the hiring of Alonzo and the guy from Michigan State have improved our evaluation of both recruits and Portal transfers. I've already posted on how the Portal successes of guys like Riley and Kiffin and Norvell are not long-term strategies and pose sustainability challenges. I've already posted on my prior-year concerns that we may have rushed offers out to certain early Portal guys (2022 cycle) just to feel like we were getting "numbers".

I realize you are some dopey little twit who is constantly whining, but do you honestly think that "Riley" and "Kiffin" and "Norvell" are the only guys at their schools who do the work on Portal scouting and communication? You can't possibly be that dumb, right? Particularly with Kiffin and Norvell, who simply don't seem to do as well on REGULAR recruiting...

I know some of the Portal guys Miami is interested in. I also know we are not interested in every name that pops up, no matter how many times that people like you post "portal entry tweets" and talk about "Miami really needs to get in contact with this guy".

I have way more conversations with friends and fellow fans than just on this board. I've expressed my concerns to anyone and everyone I speak with. I don't have a black-hole-soul and a need to bloviate every half-baked idea that enters the brain in quite the way that you do. I will manage to live the next few months without a compulsive need to post every fear and feeling.

I don't know if Mario will plug every hole in the next 6 months that will elevate us to ACC-CG status for 2023. But it isn't for lack of awareness or effort or recruiting or communication. I find it amusing that some people can acknowledge that Mario is a tremendous recruiter, even as they pretend that somehow he loses all of his skills when it comes to talking with guys who are a year or three older.

If you want to have a logical and calm discussion, that is always an option, but I really don't think you're capable of it. And that's not some personal insult, it's just a reflection after observing your frantic whiny rants for quite some time.

I read half of this before I realized I had made a mistake. Well played sir you almost got me.

Advertisement

This.

And then b*tch and cry whenever a player, who no one said nor has proof we were interested, goes elsewhere. Classic CIS.

You have over 28k posts and would bet you average about 3.5 paragraphs per post. What do you do for a living? This is so much time invested into one post and you have thousands of these. Respect ✊🏽

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He already knows where he's going, not Mario's fault. @TheOriginalCane told me so. Ṣhít

Which, of course, is not what I said.

But we don't need a bunch of breathless, frantic posts like yours every day, encouraging Mario to suddenly discover the newest Portal entrant, or whiny baby posts like yours complaining that we only have 4 Portal transfers so far, instead of 8.

Advertisement
Back