Transfer Portal watch

Maybe more potential talent, but not production talent.

The post spring wave was weak last year also. Most of what comes out at that time are players who got beat out (few exceptions).
Yeah but I trust this staff to recruit. No one on earth knew who Colby Young was. I trust this staff in recruiting. I worry about game day coaching

Advertisement
Yeah but I trust this staff to recruit. No one on earth knew who Colby Young was. I trust this staff in recruiting. I worry about game day coaching
I think Mario is a great recruiter. I dont doubt his recruiting abilities one bit.

But what's that got to say with what I said? Lol.

I dont think the post spring portal wave is going to live up to the hype (meaning kids hitting the portal). That comment has nothing to do Mario.

I think Mario is a great recruiter. I dont doubt his recruiting abilities one bit.

But what's that got to say with what I said? Lol.

I dont think the post spring portal wave is going to live up to the hype (meaning kids hitting the portal). That comment has nothing to do Mario.
Commented in you mentioning the quality. There’s already 1000 kids in the portal. The Bama lineman is quality. The A&M kid is quality. That’s what I meant

Commented in you mentioning the quality. There’s already 1000 kids in the portal. The Bama lineman is quality. The A&M kid is quality. That’s what I meant
Yea i dont think you're following my original point. This is not the post spring wave. I'm talking about players that will hit the portal after spring practice.

Its ok were not on the same page here. I'm moving on.

Advertisement
I still think as a whole this whole "portal is going to be crazy" has turned out to be a dud.

A few nice pieces, a few surprises, but if you are trying to build even a conference championship level team you better not be relying on the portal to hard. Go fill in a few holes, add some depth but great teams will still sit on the foundation of freshman and developing your talent.

Every so often a team may catch a few breaks and hit gold for a nice season (FSU, Mich St) but you cant do it year in and year out.

Advertisement
I still think as a whole this whole "portal is going to be crazy" has turned out to be a dud.

A few nice pieces, a few surprises, but if you are trying to build even a conference championship level team you better not be relying on the portal to hard. Go fill in a few holes, add some depth but great teams will still sit on the foundation of freshman and developing your talent.

Every so often a team may catch a few breaks and hit gold for a nice season (FSU, Mich St) but you cant do it year in and year out.
Yeah it’s mostly the top kids in lower conferences and who think they are better than they are 😂

8707BFF3-A6FD-45ED-9E8C-BCCDDD6FA577.jpeg

Just how to they determine anyone's NIL value?

Some kids are being led down a dangerous path. I'm 100% in favor of a free market, but, there's always those 6-star freshmen who actually end up being closer to a 4 star by the time they hit their senior year of HS. I worry for kids like this... especially if they get caught up in early projections

Advertisement
Advertisement

This is only the first phase of the portal. Just wait till the bowls games start wrapping up and there will be another wave of guys leaving from much better schools.

Advertisement
Back