Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Advertisement
Think me and @gogeta4 were really into Duce Chestnut as a recruit. Firstly, great name.

Secondly, the difference between Duce Chestnut and Tyrique Stevenson in All-ACC voting was 3 votes. Whenever I watched Syracuse, he was playing solid football.

I know Mario doesn't run the defense, but his CBs always seem to be a type...going back to FIU. Just feisty af corners. Whenever I watch Duce Chestnut, maybe I'm making this up, but I remember him as that type of guy after watching him. I can see it as a good fit.
You're def not making anything up. I have a few family members that went to Cuse so I've watched a few of their games at family functions. I came away with the same thoughts in regard to the aggressiveness of their corners.

Advertisement
I wonder if this has anything to do with McGee not coming here after visiting… (no inside info, obviously)

Comments made after his visit were that he wanted to commit to UM but Mario said he had "other guys" visiting over the next couple of weeks and he had to see how those visits went first. Bigger, faster, outside guys that were a priority. So ... McGee decided apparently that he had to get a slot. Best of luck to him.

Vince Mcmahon Wrestling GIF by WWE

Advertisement
First tweet comment looks to be from an A&M reporter...go figure.

Is this guy going to have a sleepover with the D-line to start team building?

Advertisement
I know it “feels” like we are getting a late start on Portal additions given how much early success other teams (notably f$u) are having, while the majority of our attention rests with high school recruits and NSD; however, I wonder how much of that is truly reality.

We did hire somebody whose primarily role is to assess portal candidates. Anybody have a sense on where we stand in terms of landing some key pieces? I know there are several visits that have taken place and few more this week(end).

How are we doing?

Advertisement
Back