Transfer Portal watch

The pending OC hire will tell us all we need to know about the future of the Program under Mario’s leadership. It’s an incredibly important decision.

I’d sacrifice a few names early for the right coordinator and scheme. My point was that those screaming for Gattis to be fired have a point when it comes to Portal recruiting. But, it doesn’t matter if you miss on the hire (again).
Not just portal recruiting. Signing day (early) is Dec. 22. Need to have an OC in place to close this recruiting class - and to keep current guys we want from bailing.

Advertisement
The availability of Portal talent (already), and Mario’s propensity for taking his sweet **** time to hire coaches (with mediocre results, at best, I may add), gives credence to those who wanted Gattis fired several weeks ago and not after the season.

Either way Gattis gone. I firmly believe that he has already been fired. However, the lack of public confirmation and without having a new coordinator in place makes it difficult to recruit available talent.

Recruits and transfers want to know the name of the coordinator and what kind of scheme he will run. Scheme matters especially to players with one or two years of eligibility trying to get to the League. Mario cannot simply say “trust me” once he fires Gattis. This may take 4 to 5 weeks given Mario’s lengthy interview process coupled with high school recruiting crunch time.

This will cause us to fall behind and gives others an advantage and head start on portal recruiting.
For those very reasons is is VITAL that Radakovich has “back doored” contact with the primary candidates and has confirmed interest at the very least so this hire can be announced in a timely basis.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario's demeanor when discussing "Gattis and TVD" was a pure poker face, and his comment, lack of ANY outright support for Gattis, was hopefully a clear signal that Gattis will not be here past Nov. 26th. Will it be an outside hire? Or will it be promoting Ponce?
Ponce may be interim if we have a bowl game but if we're bringing a new OC he needs to at least bring a few of his own guys and Ponce would be the first guy gone. I think Mirabel stays no matter what and Smith and Field are probably negotiable.

Advertisement
Add dubose and our starting WRs next year will be

WR Colbie Young
WR Grant Dubose
Slot Xavier Restrepo

We will need to add another Proven WR but that's a quality starting unit you can make **** happen with
Two outside guys in Young & Dubose, slot X, and Swiss Army knife Smith (the good one) is definitely good enough, it’s by no means elite, but with a good scheme it’ll work barring injury.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back