Transfer Portal watch

I‘d be willing to bet there’s been contact and he knows who’s interested. Maybe somebody from last year or a coach that could be fired. Thats just a feeling I have beens things have been in motion with our currant situation for weeks.
I sure hope so man, usually Mario doesn't fire coordinators after one season but hopefully it's different considering how bad the offense was this year. I'm worried he's just going to blame the issues on injuries

Advertisement
I sure hope so man, usually Mario doesn't fire coordinators after one season but hopefully it's different considering how bad the offense was this year. I'm worried he's just going to blame the issues on injuries
Because his OC and DC's at Oregon left to take head coaching jobs?

Advertisement
In fairness, he also brought over Mesidor, who'll likely be on an all-ACC team. Caleb Johnson was one of the best LB'ers in the Pac-12 last year but the light bulb just hasn't come on. Parrish has been our best RB when he's been healthy. Tough to call all of these guys disappointments when he was barely weeks on the job but we certainly need more impact guys for sure.
Yeah, I mentioned that DL and RB are really the only positions that saw true impact players. Mesidor and D Jackson have been great. But even DL had some whiffs in Lichtenstein and Moultrie.

But agreed, they weren't all disappointments.

Yeah, I mentioned that DL and RB are really the only positions that saw true impact players. Mesidor and D Jackson have been great. But even DL had some whiffs in Lichtenstein and Moultrie.

But agreed, they weren't all disappointments.
Totally forgot about Jackson. He's been real good too. Moultrie and Lichtenstein are solid backups so hard to call them whiffs. Agude has been solid too.

Are the kids who don't respect him leaving or staying?
Not just the players .... position coaches. Gattis has a toxic personality and is not liked or respected by any person in the Hecht building .... player or coach from all I can read. Dismal failure as a play schemer, play caller. Certainly isn't inspiring his offensive roster to put forth effort. He is gone ... has to be ... or players UM wants to retain (like TVD) are definitely gone and so are a good number of season ticket holders.

Advertisement
Not just the players .... position coaches. Gattis has a toxic personality and is not liked or respected by any person in the Hecht building .... player or coach from all I can read. Dismal failure as a play schemer, play caller. Certainly isn't inspiring his offensive roster to put forth effort. He is gone ... has to be ... or players UM wants to retain (like TVD) are definitely gone and so are a good number of season ticket holders.
Sounds like Brian Flores, dude was essentially fired for being an ******* to everyone

Advertisement
I‘d be willing to bet there’s been contact and he knows who’s interested. Maybe somebody from last year or a coach that could be fired. Thats just a feeling I have beens things have been in motion with our currant situation for weeks.
I like this.

7F910789-84E7-4C00-A783-69C0979E43A7.jpeg

Advertisement
And why do you think that? Is he close personal friends with Gattis? Have they worked together in the past? What amount of loyalty is keeping Gattis another year? What you're actually saying is that Mario will replace a coach he's actually tied to and has worked with in a previous role.

Your opinion categorically goes against the grain of logic as well as what insiders close to the program are saying so please, indulge us all with your subject matter expertise.
God you're insufferable 😂

Mario's demeanor when discussing "Gattis and TVD" was a pure poker face, and his comment, lack of ANY outright support for Gattis, was hopefully a clear signal that Gattis will not be here past Nov. 26th. Will it be an outside hire? Or will it be promoting Ponce?

The availability of Portal talent (already), and Mario’s propensity for taking his sweet **** time to hire coaches (with mediocre results, at best, I may add), gives credence to those who wanted Gattis fired several weeks ago and not after the season.

Either way Gattis gone. I firmly believe that he has already been fired. However, the lack of public confirmation and without having a new coordinator in place makes it difficult to recruit available talent.

Recruits and transfers want to know the name of the coordinator and what kind of scheme he will run. Scheme matters especially to players with one or two years of eligibility trying to get to the League. Mario cannot simply say “trust me” once he fires Gattis. This may take 4 to 5 weeks given Mario’s lengthy interview process coupled with high school recruiting crunch time.

This will cause us to fall behind and gives others an advantage and head start on portal recruiting.

Advertisement
Back