Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario needs to nail the transfer portal this offseason. This years additions have been a disappointment if we're being honest. Other programs brought in elite talent (FSU continues to crush that side of the game with Bethune, Verse, and others).

We knew we needed a big time WR. We got Ladson.
We knew we needed a big time LB. We got Caleb.
We knew we needed a big time OL addition (RT preferably). We got some small unproven backups.
We knew we needed a steady CB2 to pair with Tyrique. We got Daryl.

The only positions I could say we got what was needed is along the DL and RB positions.

This year can't be the same. I'm tired of thinking that we can't go and get an elite player at a position because we have a random 4 star that hasn't done anything yet. We love overhyping these guys.

1. Land an elite WR. And bring in a 2nd stready WR.
2. I still think we need an instant impact transfer LB. Wesley is going to be a good player but not sure if he'll be an impact player next year.
3. Give me an O'Cyrus Torrence type of OL transfer. Be it IOL or OT...just someone that can be a difference maker on this OL.
4. Go get an elite proven CB to pair with Cormani. Probably need a 2nd one here too.
5. Go get an elite RB. Ole Miss lost Parrish and then got Zach Evans. Bama got Jahmyr Gibbs with a stacked room. Go and do the same.
6. Go get an elite proven pass rusher. I'm tired of waiting and hoping that these young guys show something.
7. If TVD comes back, QB room is probably fine. If not, go and get an elite dual-threat QB and give Jacurri some time.
In fairness, he also brought over Mesidor, who'll likely be on an all-ACC team. Caleb Johnson was one of the best LB'ers in the Pac-12 last year but the light bulb just hasn't come on. Parrish has been our best RB when he's been healthy. Tough to call all of these guys disappointments when he was barely weeks on the job but we certainly need more impact guys for sure.

I think Mario already has his offense in place
Confused Gary Coleman GIF

Advertisement
Yall talking about WR, show me the OL. Show me the left tackle. I know Francis can play RT now. If we get pancake likely slide in at left but i want depth. And while you are at it, show me the Qbs and a new OC. Them 3 things fix our offense. We have players and Ray Ray gonna ball...

Advertisement
Yall talking about WR, show me the OL. Show me the left tackle. I know Francis can play RT now. If we get pancake likely slide in at left but i want depth. And while you are at it, show me the Qbs and a new OC. Them 3 things fix our offense. We have players and Ray Ray gonna ball...
Zion should be the LT next season. I think we will add OL from the portal though, we need a RT and RG

Advertisement
I just don't think Mario is the type of HC that will fire his OC after one season, I think he's going to blame the struggles on injuries and being forced to play backup QBs and a patch work OL. I think he will give the offense another year and maybe just replace Ponce
I think even Gattis realizes this place isn't for him.

Kids don't respect him or his terrible scheme.

I just don't think Mario is the type of HC that will fire his OC after one season, I think he's going to blame the struggles on injuries and being forced to play backup QBs and a patch work OL. I think he will give the offense another year and maybe just replace Ponce
And why do you think that? Is he close personal friends with Gattis? Have they worked together in the past? What amount of loyalty is keeping Gattis another year? What you're actually saying is that Mario will replace a coach he's actually tied to and has worked with in a previous role.

Your opinion categorically goes against the grain of logic as well as what insiders close to the program are saying so please, indulge us all with your subject matter expertise.

Advertisement
Back