Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Don’t y’all start this crap of “ I want him “ every time a kid hits the portal, acting like a 5 year old in Toys R Us lol. Pace yo self.
1669051221703.png

Advertisement
It's interesting, it feels to me like last year was the true shift of the Portal to its final form, NBA style free agency wherein the portal has become a formality (witness: Caleb Williams, Jordan Addison, Jahmyr Gibbs, Bo Nix, etc.)

Bearing that in mind, I will be less jumpy when we see guys jumping in, assuming that we either know or don't know ahead of time and our board is not comprised of the guys that the public can see on the 247 Portal. call it the "Cribby Effect".

I hope that the guy we poached from Michigan State is working with Alonzo as an advance scout and working back channels, otherwise it will be another mediocre portal window where we get left holding our ****s on the truly big fish that we need if this is going to be a Year 2 turnaround. To me we need at least one impact transfer in every position room, and I hope this season put to bed the whole "we good" school of thought forever, because you're always one injury away from not being good. For example, when we brought in Parrish (I actually wanted Dye too), I read a lot of "why bring in an upperclassmen running back, he is just going to stall the development of our young horses" takes. Ditto the safety room, and I think we'd all agree that we could have benefitted from a veteran presence back there, even if just for the competition.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back