Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Hey 🐐 @Liberty City El, @Confidence1000 here. Do u think Ladson will be our deep threat this year (pause)? Bc when he was at Clemson I saw him get behind a few ppl (pause) including our defense. He just seemed to drop a few. I’ll hang up & listen
Doubt it, I view him as more of a Red zone possession WR than anything.

I’ve heard of Ladson’s supposed speed since HS, never actually seen it in a game.

J George, K Smith & B Smith are probably more along the lines of the take the top off the Defense style of WR’s more than Ladson.

Advertisement
Doubt it, I view him as more of a Red zone possession WR than anything.

I’ve heard of Ladson’s supposed speed since HS, never actually seen it in a game.

J George, K Smith & B Smith are probably more along the lines of the take the top off the Defense style of WR’s more than Ladson.
I mean he was used as Clemsons deep threat in the 20 snaps he played got them in 3 years..tbh nobody in that WR room would scare me vertically if I was a DC..but they are enough of a threat in the ACC

He’s had 1 game in his entire career with 5 catches, that’s it.

Maybe I’m crazy or something but Idk why people keep expecting so much from him.
We desperately needed to find a way to replace Pope and Wiggins. There’s nothing like the excitement of seeing a WR behind the defense and wondering will he catch it or drop it. Honestly, I’m not terribly excited about X being our go to WR this year either because his hands are extremely questionable as well. Mallory seems to have turned the corner on drops and will hopefully be a huge factor this year if healthy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nathan Rawlins-Kibonge transfers to South Alabama from Oklahoma.

Crazy i wanted this kid as a transfer. The portal comes at you fast

giphy.webp

Advertisement
Where the speedy WRs at?

Gonna have to be a committee this year, I believe. Gattis put up a Top 15-20 offense last year with no WR having more than a little over 600 yards. The more I think about his offense, with Mario's overall philosophy, the makeup of the skill position players, and who we've targeted in the portal, the more and more I'm thinking this is going to be a lot more of a ground and pound, physical, run-first, shorten the game type team than we think.

If we didn't have such a potential stud under center, I'd be fully convinced. I really don't see how you can go into a season with a plan to neuter a kid who is getting Round 1 buzz, but I'm starting to think it might go that way.

We added a back in the portal who is physical and played in the SEC, we added another back in Citizen, we added Denis and Sagapolu to the offensive line, and we only added 1 portal WR who isn't exactly a burner, and 1 HS recruit at WR as well.

None of this should be earth-shattering, given who Mario is and what he's done, but I just don't see the personnel nor the staff to run any semblance of a high-flying offense. Michigan was in some blowouts last year so this does factor, but they ran the ball 575 times and threw it 395. Miami, for example, ran it 415 times and threw it 464 times.

Given the fact that they were unable to add any dynamic playmakers on the outside, just prepare yourselves to see a steady diet of 4 backs rotating through, a lot of them used in the passing game, and a ton of Mallory, Arroyo, and Skinner. It honestly wouldn't shock me to see Restrepo, Arroyo, and Mallory all in the top 5 in receptions this season. Michigan's 2nd leading WR last year in catches AND yards was a TE.

Advertisement
Back