Transfer Portal watch

Never gonna have a team where every player is good. I think he adds something valuable from a leadership/special teams perspective. You need locker room guys, as long as he isn't on the field 1st-3rd down I'm good.
We’re over the allotted 85 and we ideally need a couple more additions
So who would you rather see portal out

Advertisement
Advertisement
Important NCAA transfer rule and process clarifications.

Rules

1. "A student-athlete must provide their current school with a written request to enter the NCAA Transfer by May 1 if they participate in a fall or winter sport'. Referred to below as "notification of transfer". (Source - NCAA website)

2. "An NCAA Division I student-athlete must request a “notification of transfer” through the compliance office at the school they are transferring from. A student-athlete may initiate the notification-of- transfer process by providing his or her institution with a written notice at any time (or by May 1). The student-athlete’s institution must enter his or her information into the NCAA transfer portal within two business days of receipt of the student-athlete’s request." (Source - NCAA website)

Process

Written requests are sent to the college/university's Athletic compliance office who must validate the transfer request, athlete eligibility and then the compliance office enters the players name in the portal within 48 business hours (2 business days).... Important: Players cannot enter their own name into the portal.

Summary

So based on the rules and the process......."notification of transfer” written requests may be sent through end of day today (by 5/1) then 48 hours of compliance office verification would occur on business days Monday-Tuesday (2 business days) so the period for names entering the portal may continue through Tuesday, 5/3.

Also - the deadline for actually transferring is the Add/drop class registration deadline for whichever enrollment period the transfer will begin at the new school.....for some they may choose to enroll in Summer 1, 2 or 3 semesters or others may end up enrolling for the Fall semester in August. So it may seem as if the portal never closes with announcements likely throughout the next few weeks and even well into the sum
Important NCAA transfer rule and process clarifications.

Rules

1. "A student-athlete must provide their current school with a written request to enter the NCAA Transfer by May 1 if they participate in a fall or winter sport'. Referred to below as "notification of transfer". (Source - NCAA website)

2. "An NCAA Division I student-athlete must request a “notification of transfer” through the compliance office at the school they are transferring from. A student-athlete may initiate the notification-of- transfer process by providing his or her institution with a written notice at any time (or by May 1). The student-athlete’s institution must enter his or her information into the NCAA transfer portal within two business days of receipt of the student-athlete’s request." (Source - NCAA website)

Process

Written requests are sent to the college/university's Athletic compliance office who must validate the transfer request, athlete eligibility and then the compliance office enters the players name in the portal within 48 business hours (2 business days).... Important: Players cannot enter their own name into the portal.

Summary

So based on the rules and the process......."notification of transfer” written requests may be sent through end of day today (by 5/1) then 48 hours of compliance office verification would occur on business days Monday-Tuesday (2 business days) so the period for names entering the portal may continue through Tuesday, 5/3.

Also - the deadline for actually transferring is the Add/drop class registration deadline for whichever enrollment period the transfer will begin at the new school.....for some they may choose to enroll in Summer 1, 2 or 3 semesters or others may end up enrolling for the Fall semester in August. So it may seem as if the portal never closes with announcements likely throughout the next few weeks and even well into the summer.

I remember when a certain player entered last year I posted he entered and people were like “why isn’t he showing“? It can take a couple business days to show up. You just need to have the paperwork in. I’m pretty sure the player put the paperwork on a Thursday or Friday and said player didn’t show until that Monday or Tuesday. I had to clarify.

Last edited:
I remember when a certain player entered last year I posted he entered and people were like “why isn’t he showing“? It can take a couple business days to show up. You just need to have the paperwork in. I’m pretty sure the player out the paperwork on a Thursday or Friday and he didn’t show until that Monday or Tuesday. I had to clarify.
Okay, so, who we getting today then?

It's exhausting to see this explained over and over, but I'll take a turn. Players have until today to notify their schools that they want to transfer. The schools then have 2 days to put them into the portal. The players are then subject to the enrollment deadlines of the school to which they are transferring. So for the hundredth time, today is not a deadline for us to "get" a player from the portal.

Okay, so, who we getting today then?
Its more positive today. Two possibilities, with one being the original hint I gave “ you’ll know it immediately when he hits“. Its back possible. A very good player.

The other would be an absolute home run with multiple years remaining. One alone would be great.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Its more positive today. Two possibilities, with one being the original hint I gave “ you’ll know it immediately when he hits“. Its back possible.

The other would be an absolute home run with multiple years remaining. One alone would be great.
Are they both originally from state of Florida

It's exhausting to see this explained over and over, but I'll take a turn. Players have until today to notify their schools that they want to transfer. The schools then have 2 days to put them into the portal. The players are then subject to the enrollment deadlines of the school to which they are transferring. So for the hundredth time, today is not a deadline for us to "get" a player from the portal.
That’s why I explained the situation from last year , just because a player puts his paperwork in doesn’t mean they’ll appear in the portal asap. It doesn’t work like that , but the paperwork must be in by today to start process.

While the May 1st deadline isn't completely finished yet, it is obvious some of the whispered position names aren't entering the portal. We wanted more than WR's. It is disappointing, but it's time to develop what we have. Hopefully, a WR still pops for us. I haven't been counting on it, as to not let myself get to bothered if we don't.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back